close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ever had a gun stolen?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by gatorhugger, Feb 24, 2010.

1. gatorhugger

gatorhugger

I had my Taurus 605 .357 stolen, no it was not secured well, it was in a locked car in my driveway. That I regret.
    Worst part is I couldn't find the serial number anywhere. Never did recover it of course, I checked pawn shops for months and called the police property division for months as well.

Anybody ever recover a gun stolen from them?

2. Thorazine

Thorazine

Was it a dedicated automobile firearm?

Or just to ZzzzzzZzzzz that night to bring it inside?

3. gatorhugger

gatorhugger

No, I don't normally leave them in the car 24/7. This one I got busy and forgot. locked my bag in the car instead of bringing it in like I normally do.
    Bad timing cause the thiefs struck that night.

4. J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs Nerd

Yes I had one stolen from my car while parked at the airport (before that became illegal). The thief was likely only after my stereo and found the gun as a bonus. Luckily he missed the $$ worth of tools, laptop, and electronic test equipment on the floor of the back seat :upeyes:

I had a cop come do a report before I left the facility. My insurance reimbursed me for the gun!

5. ronin.45

ronin.45

I had a really nice Ruger MKII stolen out of my car in the parking lot of my apartment. I had the serial number but have little hope of recovery. Mine was a dedicated car gun. I kept it there so I could meet someone for instruction if they called after work or while I was out. It makes me angry when I think about some punk handling my gun and most likely destroying it.:steamed:

6. uzimon

uzimon team ftp

bulgarian slr95:steamed:

7. sigdeputy

sigdeputy

I've had 2 stolen from me. One was a S&W shotgun inside my Chevy Blazer that was stolen. They found the vehicle stripped. No shotgun. The worst one was a S&W model 60 that was inside my Chevy Monte Carlo SS that was stolen. Those thugs not only stole my car, and my model 60, but the police recovered the vehicle with 5 bullet holes in it! The little bastards shot my car with my own gun. That is just so wrong...:steamed:

8. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

I have only had 1 firearm stolen from me. 1998, my 9mm Browning High Power. I got it back in July of 2000. It was recovered in a drug raid. It was found buried inside a sugar container.

It was in very sad shape. It was NOT used in any crimes. I later traded it for my second AK-47.

:cool:

9. SilverBullet_83

SilverBullet_83 NRA member

me no. a guy I used to work with had his car stolen. in it was a smith and wesson 9mm. dont know what model. he never even got to fire it.

10. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Yes. In 1960 a British Webely 38 revolver was stolen from my basement. I had left the back door unlocked.

Sometime in the late 1980s a Webly 45, that I loaned to my Step Father, was stolen from his house.

I guess I don't have any luck with Webelys.:supergrin:

11. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

I've never had one stolen but I bought a stolen S&W once. Apparently it was stolen then recovered but the paperwork was never finished. It took a couple weeks to sort out but I was able to take possesion.

12. ranger88

ranger88 CLM

Yep. Me too. I had a German SIG P226 stolen in the mid 90's from my nightstand when I was living in an apartment complex. The only other thing missing was a set of Craftsman tools in the hard case. My girlfriend and I had been at the beach for the weekend and when I came back home, the SIG was gone and the front door was still locked. I called the police and they took a report over the phone. No investigation. No questions asked of the maintenance guys or any of the other apartment complex management people who had a key to the apartment. It was a lesson hard learned. My next purchase was a gun safe. Purchase after that was a house. Never did get the SIG back or hear another thing about it. :crying:

13. Palouse

Palouse The Resistance Lifetime Member

Someone broke into our house when I was a kid and stole a Marlin bolt rifle in .22 mag that had been given to me by my grandfather. That was 1975ish.

Then in '98, I had an HK P7M8 stolen from our house when we were doing a total house remodel, and just about everything we owned was in the barn. I thought I'd hidden it well enough, but it was then that I learned the gun-safe lesson.

14. bayshtyshorty

bayshtyshorty

I had a G23 stolen...it was in a case in the closet and they took the gun and none of the mags or holsters...retards...cops never found it, but a buddy of mine carried a Bersa .380 for a while until it was stoled from his truck, cops found it in a drug raid in L.A. a week later...they told him they'd ship it to him after it was done being evidence.

15. SanJuanTrout

SanJuanTrout usmcold0311

I had 10 guns stolen out of my locked gun safe and i was the only one that knew the combination, could not believe it. Turns out the maid was bringing her POS of a son to help her clean and they pulled all my clothes out of my closet and rearraigned them all nice,color coded.Unfortunately i had written the combination in little bitty numbers on the wall of my closet behind the clothes. I thought there was no way anyone could ever find it, got one gun back and it was the cheapest of the lot.

16. C5A

C5A

My Stainless colt 38 spl in my shoulder holster was stolen from my night stand. Never recovered. about 20 years later a 22 derringer was stolen from my house but recovered in a drug raid. Perp is doing time.

17. nick425

nick425

Damn, thats f#$%ed up.

18. AF-Odin

AF-Odin

April 1985, had a beautiful S&W 1917 .45, an S&W Model 19 with a combat trigger job, and a very reliable Charter .38 Undercover stolen from a hotel room while out to dinner during a move. My wife thought that I was paranoid splitting my guns up between the two different cars and some in the room during the move until this happened. ALWAYS keep a copy (or a couple of copies) of all serial numbers of your guns. Also, with the advent of digital photography. take pictures and keep a CD with photos in a safe place along with a copy of all serial numbers. Wish the cops had been able to recover any of the three I lost.

19. unit1069

unit1069

The only firearm I've had stolen was a 1967 Browning Belgium Hi Power.

Someday I may be able to talk about it, it's that heartbreaking.

20. Birdman23

Birdman23

I had a bersa thunder .380 stolen out of my truck while it was parked in my driveway. It was a dedicated glove box gun but still I was pissed:steamed: