close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ever get talked into a gun??? I did...

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by bno762, Feb 6, 2010.

1. bno762

bno762

I got this buddy that I've been tight with for about 17 years. I told him after he bought this gun he got bent over pretty bad. Well last month something happened and he needed to get rid of the gun.
    "Hey Bubba I'll sell it to ya for what I got in it...$525"
    Me- "Man I love ya brother but it aint nowhere near worth that and I can't do anything right now anyways"

him a week later-"How about $450?"
    me-"Can't do it bro...I got kids birthdays coming up and bills piled up"

another week goes by and he calls-"$350 and its yours"
    me-"Can't do it. I'm not in the market and I got a 8 year old turning 9. My 14 year olds birthday is in a week and my daughter wants a $200 dress for a school formal"

He calls me today and says if "Can you bring me $150 and you can take the gun and pay the other $200 in a few weeks?"

me-"Yeah I'll do that...."

Well went and got it...its a nice gun. Not too sure about the brand though. Sucker is tight and looks good. I'm gonna load up some 45acp with 200gr lswc over about 3.3gr of clays and go shoot a little and test it out.

[​IMG]

2. EL COLONEL

EL COLONEL

What brand is it ?

3. deadite

deadite Groovy.

Is it a Llama? I see an external extractor.

deadite

4. HiVelSword

HiVelSword Sweetn the ride

If it indeed is a Llama I'd reconsider my friendship with him. Not bashing it at all, just the fact that he was trying to get you to pay $525 for it.

5. bno762

bno762

Yeah its a llama...the whole wanting $525 was him trying to get what he had in it. I'm not worried about it.figure id shoot it for a bit and if I don't like it I should be able to get $350 for it. The gun is pretty tight and seems solid.

6. deadite

deadite Groovy.

Not a bad looking gun. I had a Llama revolver that was a solid shooter. Congrats!

deadite

7. bno762

bno762

Thanks deadite. I've seen recntly where a few other regular GTers have em and seem to like them. I'm gonna roll me some rounds and check it out hopefully by Monday.

8. deadite

deadite Groovy.

Post some more pics and do a report when you're done. You never see reviews for these guns and if they're good deals, folks should know about it.

For instance, my Llama Martial was a very decent gun and I'd never heard of them before. A real solid shooter and the only reason I sold it was to finance a Colt Trooper Mark III. :)

deadite

9. RioKid

RioKid

I bought a Llama once. I had it for a couple of years and sold it for what I had in it.

10. tacticaldawg

tacticaldawg

Hate to tell you but Llama is only worth 300 tops, may be only 250. It's just got a bad rep, and deserved or not, it's generally not consistently reliable.

11. bac1023

bac1023

They aren't worth much, but I actually like most Llama pistols.

12. bno762

bno762

Hey bac, your the guy to ask... a different buddy of mine said that the llama 1911 will not take other 1911 parts. I didn't ask him to go into any further detail but I'm assuming he meant springs, safety levers, mags,bbls, etc. You know if there is any truth to this?

Also the guy with this info also let me shoot his sons Taurus 1911 and told me "man if you bought a stock 1911 and had all those custom touches done it'd end up runnin you 2 grand". I liked the gun but it ain't no 2k gun! Thought you'd find that funny. I just nodded as he said it. I wanted to say "go on GT and tell those guys".

13. Domestic615

Domestic615 OD G19

I had a Llama 1911 and i loved it wasnt very good looking but it shot ever round i chambered in it with no problems.

14. CBennett

CBennett

yup, I let a gunstore guy talk me OUT of a Steyr and into the Glock 23 I currently have...never again will I listen lol.