close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ever Bought a Glock "DOG"?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DaBurna, Jul 28, 2012.

1. DaBurna

DaBurna

Have any of you guys bought used Glocks that were functionally ok but looked GAWD AWFULLY Ruff?!

I've seen a few from time to time, but what they were asking for them was REDONKULOUS!! $450 for used 2.5Gen G19's... No Sir... I'd pass!

2. bac1023

bac1023

3. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Nope. It always seems they go for about the same price, or at least people always ask the same price no matter the condition, so I hold out for ones that are in good shape. I wouldn't turn one down if I got a steal but not for the same price as I can find a nice condition one for.

Like this one here:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1425672

4. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923

Round here you can buy a brand new Glock for $530-$570 and then get offered $400 (unfired) trade-in from the same gun shop 2 days later.

5. Slackinoff

Slackinoff

I would if the pawn shops didn't ask $475 for the nasties. I guess somebody is buying them, that is whats crazy.

6. michael e

michael e

I bought one with alot of holster wear for about 200 off normal price, but for the small amount of savings listed above I would pass. I see used guns for 20 bucks under new price all the time and pass. Has to be at least a 100 cheaper and thats in good condition.

7. Njanear

Njanear Nagant-ophile

Well, once I walked into Ed's with the intent to buy a beater/"dog" Glock to play around with (maybe turn into a USPSA Limited Major gun). Unfortunately for me, amongst their case of LEO guns, I spied a mint GEN3 G22 with new night sights just laying there. It was the exact same price as the others on the shelf - I just couldn't make myself pick up a scratched-up 'dog' when I could get this one for the same price. :faint:

Sorry.... I really tried.

[​IMG]

8. Mattkcc

Mattkcc

Those scratched up police trade in dogs can be great buys at around $350. Mainly just holster wear and frankly I don't think I've ever seen a pretty Glock, my new blue label 26 is far from good looking. My old model 23 was in a lot of bad guys faces and they never once complained about it's scratches and holster wear, they seemed to understand it's purpose wasn't to look pretty.

9. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

I've never seen a Gen 2.5 GLOCK 19 (though have seen a 2.5 G21, and saw a picture of a full size - either G22 or G17), so maybe it's a rarity? :dunno:

That's actually pretty good. I've seen worse offers for trade backs.

10. DASA

DASA

"My old model 23 was in a lot of bad guys faces and they never once complained about it's scratches and holster wear, they seemed to understand it's purpose wasn't to look pretty."

What an awesome reply. I might have to have that printed on a T-shirt.

Glocks are the only make of gun (OK S&W 3rd Gen autos as well) that I will buy all beat to hell knowing they will probably run fine or require very little to get into fighting shape. Glocks are working tools, frankly, they don't really look all that great when they're new.
    Agreed though that I wouldn't pay $450 for a beat-up Glock when an extra $100 will score me a new one. I will pay $350 for beat one though if it's a model I was looking for. I'll pay $300 for a Glock model I have no interest in knowing it's money in the bank.