close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ever been stopped with a non resident ccw?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by mplecha, Feb 5, 2010.

1. mplecha

mplecha

I'll be making the trip to Daytona this year, and I would like to bring my ccw (just for the trip, not the rally). I have a SC (home state) and NH ccw permit. I am curious, though, if anyone has any experience with a traffic stop or anything with their ccw in a state other than their home. I am concerned that not every LEO in FL or GA will know the reciprocity. What if I get stopped in GA? Anybody have experience with this situation?

By the way, I recommend everyone get a NH permit. All it takes is a check for $25 and a photocopy of your home state ccw license.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

2. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

They changed it to $100.

3. mplecha

mplecha

dang! I just got mine a few months ago. I guess I got in while the gettin was good. I had to wait so long I thought they forgot about it, though.

4. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

no permit required to conceal a gun in your vehicle in Ga. this does not mean in your belt while driving, it means in the glove box et cetera.....

5. mplecha

mplecha

That's why I'm asking. I'll be riding the bike there and back and carry IWB.

6. Gallium

Gallium CLM

I was once stopped by NYPD in a NYC suburb, carrying a unrestricted NYS pistol permit.

That permit might as well have been from the MOON. I had to (very respectfully, and very subdued-like) gently request that the kind officer contact the agency from that jurisdiction to send an RANKIING officer out to help us sort out his "felony arrest". :faint:

They did not send a "ranking" officer, but the bright chap who showed up recognized the pistol permit issued as being the real deal. Since we went to "credit card" style permits in many counties here, there has been some consistency with how they look.

-----

ON TOPIC: :)

I once had to notify a PA LEO I was carrying, as the guy gave me the good ol' "bump check" while we were both working our different jobs with high profile folks milling around (it was my Pelican 7060D flashlight, gun was on my ankle :supergrin:). He identified himself as a on duty police officer and asked if I was a working / who was I working with (in my mind, his way of ferreting out information). I told him it was a Pelican 7060D flashlight on my waist, and that I was working with entity X in a babysitter/no LE/non security capacity (my client was 10 ft away)...I have since acquired the PA permit.

I was also bump checked by a CT (Stamford) lieutenant. We had already established who I worked for...he was my contact at that dept (it was a city sponsored event), but the guy checked me anyways. I grinned at him and told him "yeah", and he said "good" and grinned back at me. This was a couple of good years back.

'Drew

7. bluelineman

bluelineman Infidel كافر

:wow: Glad I don't need mine anymore.