Ever been mugged/robbed

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Dalton Wayne, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

Just wondering, tell us your story
    Regards
    DW

2. Tenngunner

Tenngunner

Not I but my daughter was. She and three friends were leaving another friends house and this "thug" stuck a gun in her ribs and took everything. Needless to say the police never found him. I was 8-9 hours away and one nervous dad.

3. DocwithGlock

DocwithGlock

Once I "intervened" when two middle aged homeless guys were trying to scare 2 little girls into giving them money. They turned their attention towards me and demanded that I give them money. Let's just say they were "unsuccessful":whistling: (and NO, I did not have a weapon)

The little girls safely ran away, and ONE of the bad guys was able to walk away very quickly.:supergrin:

This happened in broad daylight on a fairly busy sidewalk only one block from PPD HQ in Philly.

On another occasion a guy pulled a knife on me and demanded my money. That situation ended well for both parties. I kept my money and I let him keep his knife. Let's just say I was young, crazy and stupid back then.:embarassed:

4. Glenn129

Glenn129

4 tried to rob me at my home, but I got the drop on them. They pretended to need help with their car, claimed it was overheating. I was home alone, 2 tried to slip into my home while I was helping 2 with the motor, saw the 2 going into the house. Pulled my Browning .380 from my pocket on them and promised to shoot the two if they took another step. Told them I was going to shoot them just wanted to know which one to shoot first. (wanted to scare the crap out of them so they wouldn't come back) Took them outside and told all 4 of them to get off my property and made them push the car down the dirt road I live on. Called the Sheriff and he sent out 2 cars to get them while they were still pushing the car down the dirt road. While they were out on bond they robbed a widow woman and cleaned out her home. All 4 went to prison and did time for this robbery.

5. Bucky89

Bucky89

In 5th grade, a bunch of kids (9th graders maybe?) tried to steal my candy along with a friend's on Halloween. They got my friends because he was using a plastic bag and it ripped, but I was able to keep a hold mine since it was in a cloth pillow sack. We ended up running a few houses down to my dad's house where my friend and I jumped in the back seat of his car and my dad drove up the street. My dad's a pretty docile guy and I've never seen him drive so aggressively - redlining the transmission and squealing the breaks, stopping inches in front of the perps. My dad got out and started yelling at the kids - the look on their faces was priceless; they probably had to change their pants. Of course they denied any wrong doing until Pops threatened to call the police. Then the kids dropped their candy bags as well as my friends, so we ended up getting more candy than we would have had otherwise :).

We ended up finding out one of the kid's name, and many years later found out he was doing a lengthy prision sentence for a home invasion/burglary deal. Some people never change I guess.

6. Alchemy

Alchemy Senior Member

Yes I have survived a mugging when I was young and stupid.

I can't go into details w/o breaking the TOS in GT. Just never go
    to Tijuana by yourself when you are 19yrs old.

Only go to the bars with a group and not by yourself. I almost
    learned the hard way, but got out by the grace of God.

Never order two drinks and give them a 20. I ended up with 20
    drinks and no change, and that was just the beginning of me almost
    getting cut 7 ways from Sunday. This was almost 30yrs ago and
    I don't think that things have changed much!

7. byf43

byf43 NRA Patron Life Member

I was mugged and robbed in 1977, in NYC. (158th St./Broadway if memory serves me.)

I was in NYC visiting my g/f, who was a nursing student at Columbia Univ. Hospital.

The guys that robbed me put a knife at my throat after they knocked me to the ground, from behind.
    The only thing that saved my life was a cruiser driven by New York's finest pulled up.
    Lost my wallet and $143.00 in cash, two credit cards, and my license.

I worked 2:00 p.m. - midnight at a gas station in '71-'72.
    Just before closing one night, a guy came into the station and pointed a short barreled revolver in the night manager's face and demanded cash.
    The manager had just put his cash drawer in the safe, and when the guy walked in, he spun the dial on the safe.
    The guy got my cash drawer and locked us up in the back of the gas station, where we kept tires and batteries. We called that area 'the cage'.
    The owner found us the next morning.
    I quit that morning, because the owner said we should have fought the guy.
    The night manager got fired, when he said that at least we save one cash drawer!

My daughter was robbed at her place of business (cellphone carrier) about three years ago, during the Christmas 'rush'.
    Some miscreant put a pistol in her face and ordered the manager to empty the safe, or she would be shot.
    She had enough 'sense' about her, to activate the alarm and stand where one of the security cameras would show her with her hands raised.
    The robber was never caught.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  8. lanternlad

lanternlad Mythmatician

I was a clerk in a convenience store about 20 years back. I worked third shift, so I carried a baseball bat in with me every night and put it under the counter near the cash register. One night a kid came in (about 19-20 or so), pulled out a knife and demanded the money in the cash register. As the counter was between us, I backed up out of his reach. He immediately leaned forward to get the knife closer to me, putting one hand on the counter to steady himself. I pulled out the baseball bat and smashed the hand on the counter. He screamed, dropped the knife, and ran out of the store. I locked the door and called the cops. They collected the knife, took the complaint and his description and arrested him 10 minutes later at the hospital up the road where he was getting his hand treated. He got five years for armed robbery. I got a rep for being crazy, and a new nickname.

Batman.

9. Reissman

Reissman Millennium Member

Got robbed at knife point in 1993 in Wichita Falls TX. I was delivering pizza's to a place over on Flood street by the projects. I went to the address but stayed in the car. Two girls came out and stood by the car and told me the guy was coming with the money. I should have took off then but was to stupid and trusting. Then a guy walked toward my truck with a big smile on his face. When he got to the window he stuck a knife in my face. I threw the pizza boxes and cash bag out the window at him! and sped off. A few seconds later I got mad and jumped the curb with my truck trying to run him down but he ran in between some buildings.

I drove up to the corner and a cop was there with two guys in the back seat. I told them I had been robbed so he called in another officer. I then went to a pay phone to call the pizza place "Pinocchio's Pizza" and my manager says to me "get back in the car you will get robbed!" I am like " I DID" The jerks there didnt believe me and wanted me to pay the $80 back that had been taken. I quit the next day.

Their Pizza sucks BTW!

10. NorthCarolinaLiberty

NorthCarolinaLiberty MentalDefective

11. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

I had a couple attempt to mug me. they got away with my sunglasses.

12. Imnotascoolasu

Imnotascoolasu

shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die

13. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

thankfully no , i have had to pull out my gat on some people before .

14. PBCounty

PBCounty

It's never actually happened....but I've had a number of attempts.

1.) Scary looking dude got up close to me while I was eating at a table outside Dunkin Donuts without me noticing. He asked for a cigarette....I used that opportunity to stand up and back up while I handed one to him. He took it, lit it and slowly walked away. He got about fifty feet from me and stopped and just hung out while I watched him and he watched me. With no one else around, he seemed to finally get the balls up and turned and came at me fast while sticking his hand in his pants. I took an aggressive stance and reached for my own (still covered firearm) at which point he just redirected and slowly walked off the other direction.

2.) At a traffic light (I was boxed in at a red light) I had a druggie looking scumbag walk up to the passenger door of my truck and try the handle. Finding it locked, he yelled something about giving him a ride. I declined. He then punched the window and walked around to the back of my Ranger and used the bumper to climb into the bed. He approached the rear window and started trying to pull it open. I drew a J-frame from the glove box and made sure he saw it. He jumped out of the bed yelling "I just wanted a ride" and walked off into the night.

3.) In between meetings I had some time to kill so I went to a local community park and had coffee at a picnic table while going over some paperwork. I kept hearing a noise to my side and eventually looked over to see a LARGE (bodybuilder type) man wearing only shorts which were around his knees. He was pleasuring himself while motioning for me to come over and join him behind a utility building. Before I could even gather my things off the table he was across the small field and circling....bearing down on me....his red face, posture, curse words and continued circling approach assured me I was about to be attacked. I lifted my shirt and gripped my firearm. Upon seeing it, he slowly walked away while muttering to himself.

4.) Leaving everyones' favorite store (Walmart) with my girl one late night we were loading groceries in to my truck. She was loading while I "kept watch." Two punk types came from behind my truck asking about me buying magazines or some such (at 1:00 a.m.?). They were getting awfully close. I didn't react though until I heard something behind me and reazlied that two of their buddies had gotten in behind me from the front of the truck. I got pretty agressive about that time and demanded them back up and leave me alone. They contiuned a very slow approach with mocking remarks (cursing, spitting on the ground, etc.) until I took a very aggressive posture and made it obvious I was armed. Again, they slowly backed up and walked away.

And a few others......

I eventually learned that they don't run like in movies....they just leave like it's another day in the business. No big deal to them.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  15. bamarammin87

bamarammin87 h8tr

Great thread. No attempts here yet. Hopefully never will.

16. brausso

brausso

Geez, you may want to think about moving somewhere else. Sounds like you played it smart and it's a damn good thing you were armed!

17. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

I got approached once by a skinny crackhead walking down Ponce de Leon in Atlanta. This was before I carried, so all I could really do was use my surroundings.

We were surrounded by traffic…so I pushed him into it.

18. PBCounty

PBCounty

:rofl:

19. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

He didn't get hit, but it scared a pretty bad smell out of him and he took off.

20. TrueGunNut

TrueGunNut

^^ woah. luckily i have not had an encounter yet.