Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Evaluation of Frank Thomas vs Ogio backpacks

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by fnfalman, Apr 15, 2005.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Tejas, US
    The Frank Thomas is the Lid Lugger Max (it's bigger than the Lid Lugger Sport). Supposedly you're not suppose to carry the helmet in it while riding but it seems OK for me. I don't feel any extra turbulence or drag. I bought this one because the various honeys that wanted to go riding with me need to have something for their noggins.

The Ogio 2150 refers to its capacity in cubic inch, I believe.

Short version: Frank Thomas = junk. Ogio = good stuff.

Frank Thomas products are very cheesy and crappily made. So, why do I have it? Because so far that company is the only one that I know of that makes a rucksack that can carry a helmet AND still have room left over for a few things like clothing changes, personal hygiene kit, etc.

I use the Ogio whenever I want to carry a couple extra sets of clothings for sleeping over at peoples' houses AND don't have to worry about carrying an extra helmet.
  2. 45acp4me

45acp4me Pissed puppet

Farmington, MI
    The ultimate commuter companion:

I can carry my full laptop bag as well as my cold morning clothing in this puppy. I like to have a pack thats big enough to fit more than a helmet.

Ogio makes good gear, but I prefer to buy things I can get more use out of. A back pack is a back pack so I won't buy bike specific gear when I can use it for hunting, camping, riding, etc.