Glock Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory
Any recent stories on increased or decrease in reliability with these.

I have had no failure of 9s or 12s myself. I have even got to a comfort level of carry with these. My 7 is totally unreliable though, failure is 90% deal with all 7 and 1 in the pipe. Then after the first is out it’s fine. Defeats the purpose of this magazine.

I asked this a while ago and got most people ok with these but also some negative reviews. Most not comfortable enough to carry. Wondered if any more recent input from this vast group of enthusiasts. Or maybe some of the previous people have changed their opinions after more time and experience.

I do love the X-grip on this. 9+1! (See pic)
And yes, I do wish Glock would do this!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had great initial experiences with ETS mags in the G19 (15&22rd) and G42 (7/9/12rd), so I was excited about the G43 (tried them all).

They sucked in my G43. Failure to Feed with HSTs and most FMJs. Rounds would stick on the front of the magazines, which also showed damage from hitting the feed ramp while cycling.

I tried to solve the issue with ETS but in the end they never ran work a damn in my 43. I eventually threw them all away and went back to OEMs with +1 Pearce and +2 Vickers.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a few ETS mags for my G19 Gen4.
I only use them at the range. Never had a failure with them but I did have a 15 rounder get funny while loading it. The spring came off the base and got twisted. So stopped using them at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
The 7 round mags are so bad, I will never trust any product made by ETS. It seems like their "R&D" on that one consisted of shaving the follwer down enougb to cram a round in that really just doesn't fit. Complete junk.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
I had great initial experiences with ETS mags in the G19 (15&22rd) and G42 (7/9/12rd), so I was excited about the G43 (tried them all).

They sucked in my G43. Failure to Feed with HSTs and most FMJs. Rounds would stick on the front of the magazines, which also showed damage from hitting the feed ramp while cycling.

I tried to solve the issue with ETS but in the end they never ran work a damn in my 43. I eventually threw them all away and went back to OEMs with +1 Pearce and +2 Vickers.
This, exactly. Except I haven't thrown the crap ETS mags away yet. What a waste of money!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys!

One theme I seem to be seeing though is if they work for you they work if they don’t they don’t. Does that mean that if I’m going to have troubles with my mags if I run several loads through them and they’re working they are probably gonna be fine? Or has someone seen where after being loaded for a few months the springs die or some other malfunction shows up?

·
Registered
8,883 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.