close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Estimated Value of Westmark Model 701

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by YAMAMA, Feb 14, 2003.

1. YAMAMA

YAMAMA Got Glock?

I was wondering if anybody could give me an estimated value of a Westmark Model 701 hunting knife with leather sheath? It is in very good contition. I'll try to post pics later. It has a brass guard, wood slabs, and an aluminum pommel.

Thanks,
    Jerid

[​IMG]

2. Ngkon

Ngkon GOT AMMO?

I don't know much about the brand, but I saw some on Ebay.
    Nick

3. YAMAMA

YAMAMA Got Glock?

Yea, I saw the model 702s on ebay. The 701 has a 5.5 inch blade vs the 5in of the 702.

4. Ngkon

Ngkon GOT AMMO?

5. YAMAMA

YAMAMA Got Glock?

Wow, thanks for the hook-up. That is the exact setup I have. I'll email him and report back what I find out.

6. YAMAMA

YAMAMA Got Glock?

I added a pic to my original post above.

Here is the information I got back from Bob Tice:
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    In 1978 Western Cutlery moved from Boulder, Co. to Longmont. During this period they made a custom shop series of knives called Westmark. The set includes a 701, 702, & 703. The 701 is a large skinner/hunter, the 702 is a thinner blade hunter, and the 703 is a short deep bellied skinner. All had the same first class sheath. They used a special high carbon stainless steel for these knives unlike the plain carbon on their standard knives.To the best of my knowledge they were made during the period of 1978-1984 when they were bought out by Coleman, the cooler people.

They are well made and good looking and from those that have used them in the field, performed well. They have captured the fancy of knife collectors and current prices are varied due to condition. New in the box models are going for close to $200 and I don't think the price will go down anytime soon. Used models in excellent condition are selling for well over $100. The 701 is the most popular and the 702 is the most common. 703 mint in box is rare. I will be putting the set on my site soon for viewing. Thanks for visiting our site. Bob Tice

7. Ngkon

Ngkon GOT AMMO?

Well Jerid, seek and ye shall find. Yours seems to be pretty much mint, got the box? Glad you got your information.
    Nick

8. Russ in PA

Russ in PA

That's an attractive blade you've got there.