Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Massive Member
26,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daughter of Eric Garner, of NYC "choking" case.

First off, let me wish her the best, hoping for a complete recovery. She's not responsible for her father's issues, nor the false narrative of her father's death that's taken on a life of its own. Given how widespread that is, she's the last person I would blame for buying into the hype. Of course she's looking at it emotionally, and believes the version where her father's death ignited a crusade for justice, rather than a Darwin Award, I won't begrudge her that.

I'd prefer this not go sideways bashing her or rehashing her father's case.

My interest in posting this is as follows.

I find it an odd coincidence she has heart issues, and asthma. Eric had asthma, wondering if that heart issue could be genetic too?

Randy

http://www.theroot.com/erica-garner...um=sharefromsite&utm_source=The_Root_facebook

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Well said Randy.
My initial thought was to wonder if perhaps drugs were involved. It sounds like there is an underlying heart issue.

Thoughts and prayers for her and her family for her recovery and future.

·
Premium Member
CLM #38
10,750 Posts
I know her Mom. She was on the scene a number of times when we locked up Daddy. The whole family was a piece of work

This is no loss to society, and no, she was not a fine upstanding citizen.

I had to edit this; I thought it was his wife who had the heart attack. The daughter would have been very young when I was dealing with the father. Apologies for the inaccurate post, but knowing Mom and Dad I can't say as there was much hope for her.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Read the Twitter. That was a mistake. Hmm... the police had to remove people from her room and the ICU?

It couldn't have anything to do with their behavior could it? How stupid of me. It has to be their #racistcops bull****.

·
Massive Member
26,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"I can't breathe"

What are the odds of smoking related illness in the daughter of an illegal tobacco vender, who claimed he couldn't breathe?

Lungs were never designed to inhale smoke. Any smoke.
Ironically enough, the ability to speak proved his ability to breathe anyway.

Can't catch your breath is what happened, oxygen debt due to overexertion, what happens when a 300 lb out of shape asthmatic tries to fight a handful of cops kneeling on his chest.

Eventually his ticker stopped ticking from the strain.

Randy

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
Read the Twitter. That was a mistake. Hmm... the police had to remove people from her room and the ICU?

It couldn't have anything to do with their behavior could it? How stupid of me. It has to be their #racistcops bull****.
We get frequent calls to our local hospital about removing visitors who feel the need to “live stream” everything...except they live stream other patients/visitors.

They usually ask them once to leave and they refuse. They call us.

The conversation is simple: were you asked to leave? Yes/no? This will be your only opportunity to leave under your own free will, I’m not concerned with nor do I care to hear your explanation.

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
We get frequent calls to our local hospital about removing visitors who feel the need to “live stream” everything...except they live stream other patients/visitors.
From a moral perspective, I am disgusted from this behavior as it belies the "me first" attitude behind the person doing this. Yet I look around and see it's a sad part of the fabric of the current society.

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
Interesting in the comments that they are piling on the Democrats in the city, because they don't get "blind" support and vengeance.

Reactions: SevenSixtyTwo

·
Massive Member
26,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Medically induced coma, massive brain damage... does not sound good. Hopefully her kids get raised by old school grandma or similar relative. Going to be a feeding frenzy to take the kids and the hefty settlement payment...

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Scottish Member
13,183 Posts
Ironically enough, the ability to speak proved his ability to breathe anyway.

Can't catch your breath is what happened, oxygen debt due to overexertion, what happens when a 300 lb out of shape asthmatic tries to fight a handful of cops kneeling on his chest.

Eventually his ticker stopped ticking from the strain.

Randy

No - positional asphyxia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positional_asphyxia

=========

Just in case you haven't seen her, here is a picture of the supervising officer at the scene of the Eric Garner incident.

Sgt. Kizzy Adonis

Reactions: SRT Shaft

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
This is rich:

“She’s not gone; she’s brain-dead,” Garner’s mother said.”

All of these anti-police, anti-law enforcement wing-nuts seemingly live in some alternate universe where traditional values, morals, truth, responsibility and the like have been turned upside down, and they seem unable to recognize even the simplest fact.

Sorry, but that comment reminds me of this:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj8RIEQH7zA

·
Massive Member
26,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That can happen, but I didn’t think that’s what killed him in this case, thought I remembered reading he died in the ambulance 45 min later from cardiac arrest en route to the hospital?

That was probably happening while they tried to cuff him, but survived it, was still alive after they cuffed him.

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.