close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Eric winston is a jerk

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by lunarspeak, Oct 8, 2012.

1. fwm

fwm

I saw that attempt. He was so surprised the ball hit his hands, and not his ankles, he didn't know what to do!

2. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

Were you there??

As a Chiefs fan and season ticket holder, I think I know the difference when Arrowhead has 70,000 fans cheering and maybe a thousand. My son was there. He said he didnt even realize Cassel was hurt and he cheered because he thought they were putting Brady Quinn in. He said that as Cassel went into the locker room, everyone around him was yelling words of support to him.

Funny how people watch t.v. and think they know it all.

3. USAF96815

USAF96815

Posted by a friend from back home:

"Let me get this straight. Two huge men hit Matt Cassel so violently they knock him senseless in front of 70,000 people – and it is the 70,000 people who watched the attack who are sickening and disgusting?

Someone remind Winston how he makes his living. Why he lives the life he and his family lead. You are a gladiator, Eric. You are there for our expensive amusement. This is not church. This is not our place of work. This is the NFL where winners are cheered and losers suffer the scorn of their fans. Sometimes that scorn is ugly. It is simply the life you chose.

You want nice? You want polite? Go to work in an office for $50K. You want to live like a rock star? Prepare to get your ass graded harshly by those your employer fleeces each week."

4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Agreed. I think Eric Winston was absolutely spot on.

No, I wasn't, but Winston was, and he obviously has a very different opinion of what happened than your son. I highly doubt Winston would have reacted so strongly if this incident played out the way you are saying.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  5. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

Some fans are jerks, there everywhere you go. We shouldnt blame all of them for the mistakes of a few.

If we do that, then lets outlaw guns.

6. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

Romeo Crennel, Head Coach---
    Other players also backed Winston's statement. But other players and coach Romeo Crennel agreed that not all 70,000 fans at the stadium were cheering Cassel as he lay prone on the field.
    "If there were boos or cheering that Cassel got hurt, I know that 70,000 did not do it, even though I'm not tuned into it. I know 70,000 didn't cheer for him being hurt," Crennel said. "There might have been some cheering for him being hurt."
    Crennel said he understands that fans are frustrated.
    "This season has been a disappointing season with the way its gone. I doubt very seriously that 70,000 cheered," Crennel said. "My experience is that the fans here in Kansas City are good fans. Are they frustrated? Yes, they are. I'm frustrated with the way it's gone. But my players, any one of them that gets hurt, I'm concerned about that player being hurt and his well being."
    He said Winston was just standing up for his teammate.

But many fans at the game said they were not cheering Cassel's injury but cheering in support of Cassel completing the pass and then backup Brady Quinn as he entered the game.

"He completed the pass and we cheered before we realized that he'd gotten hurt on the play," Alice 102 DJ Joshua "J.D." James said

But some like former Chiefs player Rich Baldinger think Winston went too far and owes the majority of fans, who are classy, an apology.
    Sam Pennington said Winston has created a national circus and should have stuck to talking about on-field play.
    "Him doing that is what brought us to this point," Pennington said. "If he'd just struck to the game and not the fans, we wouldn't have all this drama and escalation that it's turned into."

7. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

I said he should just quit and go work for Wal-Mart if it upsets him this badly.

8. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Funny how people reflexively rationalize bad behavior.

9. Bruce M

Bruce M

:rofl::rofl:

10. Bruce M

Bruce M

I agree that there was some very uncivilized behavior there. I am not sure how pervasive it was but apparently at least enough for a few to notice.

11. lunarspeak

lunarspeak

bad spelling,grammer,and punctuation is a sure sign of a football fan...duh... and maybe i was implying that ERIK and matt might have a relationship,he did seem overly upset..thier relationship doesnt make me uncomfortable neither does your username....drain u:whistling:

12. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Boo on the 70K that may have cheered. (I'm sure not EVERYONE cheered "or even smiled.")

But that sounded like a Jr. High angry pep-talk. "You can boo him, you can boo this, you can boo me, I don't even care, you can boo my lack of sentence structure, you can boo my funky lower lip, you can. . . " It was honestly more painful to listen to him talk than it was to watch the hit.

I get he was emotional. . . and right. But dang. Some people shouldn't talk to the media. LOL

13. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

I find it curious how Cassell had a great season with the Patriots the year that Brady suffered his knee injury. He goes to KC, and he sucks? What was so different in NE? Was it the ability of the coach, the type of offense run, better players? What say you, Chiefs fans?

14. fwm

fwm

All of the above. The Offensive line doesn't do a good job, probably insufficient coaching as well as second class talent.
    Running backs turn the ball over for opponents scores more often that they score themselves.

Defense is constantly out of position to make a play, particularly on pass defense, and have to rely on holding and illegal contact to even begin to be in a play. Mostly coaching and lack of good defense strategy skills on the coaching side, and mixed with mediocre player skills.

As KC showed in the 60's and early 70's, a good quarterback can look stellar when the team around him is exceptional.

ETA: As opposed to today's KC team, that shows a good quarterback look like crap with a mediocre team. As the Chiefs showed in the late 70's and 80's, a great quarterback does not make a decent team great.

15. ray9898

ray9898

Good for him. Cheering because a player is injured is at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to class and should be addressed.

16. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

I left a rather nasty comment on an article about that, and got flamed bigger than ever! Cassel still sucks.