close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Eric winston is a jerk

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by lunarspeak, Oct 8, 2012.

1. lunarspeak

lunarspeak

http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=712562

i hate cheering for a hurt player also but calling out 70,000 fans and telling them how dissgusted you are with them is a jerk move....im sure if he sacked the raven's quarterback and knocked him out eric winston would be giveing high fives to his team mates....if your so ashamed of the fans and disgusted by them then maybe you shouldnt take their money..ERIK

you know he was takeing it awfully hard that matt cassel got hurt hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

2. GLWyandotte

GLWyandotte Señor Member

Can't agree.
    The KC fans who cheered his injury are classless. Good for Winston for calling them out.

3. failsafe

failsafe

I too can't agree...Some of the fans in the stadium showed no class..
    Good for Winston for speaking out...

4. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

Nope, im with the player. Hell with silent majority

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  5. BassCatcher

BassCatcher

I was happy as hell to see Cassel leave the game. It's not like he was carried off on a gurney or anything. He walked off and looked just fine. What would have been better would have been to see our lousy coach replace him but that didn't happen.

6. badge315

badge315

Yeah, how dare he speak out against a bunch of knuckle-draggers who applaud at a player being injured. :upeyes:

7. rockapede

rockapede

Matt Cassel is a cancer. However, if KC fans are willing to cheer an injury they deserve to lose.

8. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Just because it's ONE against 70,000, doesn't make the ONE wrong.

Good on him. Cheering somebody who has gotten hurt is a no class move, they need to be called out.

Could not disagree with your position more. This is one against one, and I'm calling you out for being a jerk.

9. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

You know how I know you don't know a lot about football, spelling, punctuation, grammar, or that implying someone is homosexual lost its appeal in the early 90s?

10. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

Anybody else remember when mike Vick had a whole section of people cheering when the starter got knocked out in atlanta? Says more about the kind of people than anything about the game

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

11. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

That's quite a spas-out over.....nothing, no big deal. Christ, it's just football, calm down.

12. Phaze5ive

Phaze5ive

Of course the ultimate irony is that a good portion of Glocktalk would hold block parties if Obama got hurt on the job.

13. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

I see you trollin'

14. racerford

racerford

I am not sure a "good portion" is, but I am not one of them. Just because someone was not my choice for President doesn't mean I would be happy if he were hurt/killed. I wouldn't. If he were killed or incapacitated, Biden would be leading the country. That would be nothing to celebrate either. I would still want the perpetrator to be captured and dealt with. If it was the work of a foreign power, I would be fine with razing their capital with their leader in it.

However, when he is defeated in November I will celebrate.

15. michael_b

michael_b BRC #1492

As a native Kansas Citian and loyal Chiefs fan- I like what Winston said.

It takes the new free agent we picked up to be the most open with the media.

This team is so dysfunctional. Yes Cassel has played like crap this year but people need to lighten up. Heck Cassel can't make Bowe actually CATCH a ball that hits him in the hands. He can't block on the offensive line.

Now, one local sports caster, Frank Bole, said he was there and they were not cheering because Cassel got injured other than a few $@%]^*.

Franks opinion was they saw Quinn warming up an are cheering that.

16. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

First of all, 70,000 people did not cheer at Cassel being hurt. A few did, and the few that did cheer did not show any class at all. Lets not blame the majority that did not cheer. Also, most of the cheering came about when Cassel got up and walked off. I saw plenty of fans cheering FOR Cassel when he walked to the locker room.

17. CBennett

CBennett

^^ agree 100% if you cheer your own QB(or honestly any person or player your team or anothers )getting hurt you truly are a POS as a person and as a fan. Glad someone called them out. I actually have a TON OF RESPECT for Winston for calling them out as the POS they are as fans and people.

Even if you actually cheer a OPPOSING teams player getting hurt(like Philly fans and the Dallas WR that time) your still a POS as a individual for doing that.

and of course this is to the fans that were actually cheering ..and thats NOT all the fans just a select few that actually were. its not like the whole stadium were classless pieces of dung like the ones cheering.

18. GLWyandotte

GLWyandotte Señor Member

What a crock! Of course he was warming up- the QB was out! What else was going on at that time that Bole could've pointed out- Hey look, a formation of seagulls, let's cheer!?
    Bole sounds like he eats buckets of poo and begs for a bigger spoon.

19. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

That wasn't a few fans cheering at the wrong that was thousands.

Winston is right and he is my new favorite football player.

20. fwm

fwm

For one thing, it sure wasn't 70,000 fans at the stadium. They are counting corporate season ticket holders, most of which didn't show up. The mid-section was nearly empty. I'd be surprised if there was more than 50,000 at the stadium.

My niece was a 4 time Chiefs Cheerleader and I always had tickets. Haven't missed a game since 1965. Really starting to wonder what kind of an idiot I have been. Letting the Stram era give me false hope for so many years.

The cheering was because the fans have been sold a bill of goods that has not been delivered for so long, they no longer know what to cheer about. They do want to see another quarterback get a chance, but doesn't make any difference when your running backs turn the ball over for opposing scores more often than they score..

The chiefs have become like the Royals, just training ground for the few really good players they get so they can showcase them and the sell them off. Cassel was a backup quarterback before he came to KC, and is still a backup quarterback. No amount of offense line protection or increased catching percentage will improve his accuracy or decision making abilities. Got to give somebody else a shot at it.

50% of Cassel's passes are at the feet or just out of reach high, leading to tips and interceptions. For 40 years the Chiefs have utilized worn out quarterbacks that where no longer usable on their own team (3 in a row from the 49ers IIRC), or second string quarterbacks that remain second string quality while starting at KC.