close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Eric -- "Tag" Your Contributors

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Aaron, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Aaron

Aaron Guest

It seems to me that those of us loyal GT users that have submitted financial contributions as our way of saying "Thank You Eric" for your wonderful website, should be given the "Glock Talk Contributor" on our usernames.

Every night when I log on, I see that about 50% of the users are not registered (guests) who are lurking around. I have been a member since 1999 and have recently started returning to the website. I didn't know about the GT Fundraiser Contest until after it terminated.

I guess the point of this thread is that loyalty should be rewarded and I believe that folks that give financial contributions deserve recognition in the form of the GT Contributor tag on their usernames.

I am happy to have given money a couple of weeks ago but it seems to have gone unnoticed. Eric, I ask that you please tag myself and any other contributors with the GT Contributor tag.

Thanks!

--Aaron

2. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

Aaron, everyone that contributes, does get a contributor icon. I am pretty busy right now and I am running behind. I apologize for not getting your icon up sooner. Thanks for contributing. Eric

3. Guest

I've seen people add their own "Glock Talk Contributor" tag where it usually lists "member." I guess some of them got tired of waiting for the official tag. ;f

I am curious, though...is that little bit of recognition that important? Isn't it enough for you (and Eric) to know that you are contributing? It just seems a bit trivial to get upset over.

Exeter (who will probably contribute soon, but doesn't need an icon to show that I did.)

4. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος

"That thine alms may be in secret: and the website administrator which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly." -Matthew 6:4

;f

5. Aaron

Aaron Guest

Eric -- MANY MANY thanks for the reply and tag. Keep up the great work and Happy New Year.

Exeter -- Being the shallow, petty, and (fill in the blank) individual that I am, I need that "tag" to make me feel good about myself. ;f

More importantly, I do believe that it shows "out loud" who cares enough about the website to contribute to Eric (and is able to do so). While my contribution makes me no "better" than anyone else per se, I do believe it is akin to those stickers you get after giving blood, voting, etc. It says "I can, I did, and I care enough to have done so" to all of the other people (perhaps like yourself?) that are sitting on the fence or otherwise lurking around the website.

Besides... It just looks darn good!

--AARON

6. mindonmatter

mindonmatter Who.....me?

No, it's not that important. I didn't contribute(what little I could) for the little icon, and I'm sure Aaron didn't either. I contributed because I know what it's like to run a web forum, and how much time and money it takes....and I really enjoy this place. But it's nice to feel it was appreciated and recognized. I would be happy with an email saying that it was received, but the only way I knew that my contribution was received was when I checked the charges on my credit card. Not to worry though....I'm sure he'll get around to it when he has a chance. I surely wouldn't criticize anyone for wondering about it though.

7. Aaron

Aaron Guest

^6 Well said Mind!

P.S. I was not upset, just wanted to know someone received the contribution. :) I too love this website and appreciate Eric's efforts.

8. Packin' Heat

Packin' Heat

One thing it does do is show people investigating the site that there are in fact current, active members who care. For example say some anti-gun group sends a member (mole if you will) to scour the site. He/she will see a forum that’s filled with members who give a darn, as opposed to just a bunch of pistol-packin', gubment' haten' loony toons. Kinda hard to rag on a bunch of softies like us...especially Ole'man Walt or the Good Doc Lunde! ;f

I LOVE YOU GUYS ;e

9. GeorgiaGlockMan

GeorgiaGlockMan Aggie in Exile.

Aaron,

I am with you brother, but maybe only a tad bit more patient ;).