close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Eric - possible feature request?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by MB-G26, Aug 20, 2004.

1. MB-G26

MB-G26 Non-existent STUPID GURL Lifetime Member

I know you have changes and upgrades in the works for GT, including a paid membership aspect that will include additional features, etc.

Would it be possible to implement a way to 'download' a person's PMs? Hopefully in some streamlined process?

I know I have to keep a close eye on my PM box because I do tend to keep things I've received which I am likely to need to refer back to several times. If I'm not prudent in keeping up with deletions, I end up w/a full PM box and senders get the 'box full' system msg.

I know I can go from one individual msg to the next and copy/paste it into an offline text file, in order to save it/them, but this is really time consuming.

If there were a way to 'download' msgs, either individually or in bunk, to one's offline 'save' file on their own HD, that would be a really great option - and an easy way to keep one's PM box cleaned up so new PMs don't 'bounce'. What comes to mind is, for example, my credit union's online banking page allows for certain types of 'downloading' of the account info, history, etc., in a couple different formats (including those used by money management sw).

Having no clue as to the electronic 'mechanics' of how something like what I'm requesting, works, I don't know what to suggest as far as those 'mechanics', or whether it is even a do-able thing for interfaces like PMs. But - I thought I'd ask just the same.

If you could and would be interested in adding such a feature, I can see where you might want to make it available only to paid/upper level of memberships, and couldn't really complain - but if it were to be something that's not hard to include in the way the site functions, it would be fantastic to have it available to 'regular' GT membership, too.

In any event, thanks for your consideration.
    m
    (hopelessly always trying to streamline her life..... and being forever loathe to 'throw things away'. ;Q

2. freepatriot

freepatriot Retired GT Mod Moderator

One way to do it would be to look at your list of messages and right click on the first message and choose "Save link as..." (or whatever your browser offers that is similar.

This way you would be saving the message in HTML format.

Make sure you get a few good ones saved before you delete them, just in case your browser isn't getting the messages saved.

;c

3. MB-G26

MB-G26 Non-existent STUPID GURL Lifetime Member

I'll give that a try.
    m