close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Eric----Low blood sugar?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by .264 magnum, Dec 5, 2002.

1. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Somehow two different problems seem to co-mingle. Low-blood sugar and acid reflux or indigestion.
    About four years ago I woke up one night with a fluttery feeling in my chest and pain in my left arm! I thought SHI%!-I'm having a heart attack. I called my fill-in PCP he told me to call EMS and jam to the hosp. I drove, pain got worse-EKG normal, blood chemisrty normal, pulse 65, BP 108/65, chest tightness and fluttery feeling got worse. They gave me a nitro pill, pop-every blood vessel expanded and my pain got worse. A young Dr. came to me a little later and said relax you are not having a heart attack, go home. Two nights later same thing again same trip to hosp. at 3:00am.

The next day I saw my normal PCP who said you have indegestion and probably low-blood sugar.

Eric, when you feel badly do you feel very weak, with symptoms like ringing in the ears, do you have a tendency to get queezy or faint if you stand up quickly? Also my blood sugar-before I knew what was going on-would get really low at night. I'd wake up with chest pain and be sweat-soaked (from acid indegestion, ID can trigger some of the same nerves that signal a heart attack-hence the shooting left arm pain and pressure like feeling in the chest and sweat) and a fast heartbeat, like 175 bpm. I'd watch TV for an hour go back to sleep and always would wake up feeling like crap.

Think about what I said, for about a year, 3 or 4 times per week I'd pull a Fred Sanford and think I was dying.

A. If any of this rings a bell-cut chips, cookies, and bread to a minimum. ELIMINATE CAFFINE, and get in shape. Eat nothing after 7:30 pm. Coffee can cause indigestion and caffine will help drive your blood sugar very low fast.
    B. The elimination of caffine alone will help your blood sugar. Flour is worse than sugar. And sugar is bad if you have low blood sugar.
    C. If you have low blood sugar-it is usually a pre-indicator of diabetes in your future.

All this started when I was 35. Now at 39 my sugar is perfect and I feel great.

Good luck-sorry if I wasted your time. I'll send a donation tomorrow.

Thanks,
    .264 magnum/EDS_

2. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

A lot of those symptoms do sound familiar. They checked for diabetes, when I was in the hospital, but I don't know if they checked for low blood-sugar. I am going to look into this further.

I try to stay away from caffiene because of its affect on my stomach, but this sounds like another reason to stay away from it. I loved it when I was in Utah, because they had De-caf Pepsi on tap at the soda fountains of all the convenience stores. I got used to drinking it when I found out I had an ulcer a few years back and I got used to it. Anyway, thanks for the input. It is appreciated...Eric

3. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM