close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

equipment

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by scott mcdonald, Dec 22, 2002.

1. scott mcdonald

scott mcdonald DAWGSM G-19

when shooting in the matches do you need any special equipment or will a holster like the plastic ones work.and is there any problem useing reloads and an after market barrels.or does it all need to be stock in the gssf matches. is there any of these matches close to ohio.;f

2. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

Scott for a compleat list of the rules you can got to www.gssfonline.com and see all the info you will need.

3. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

Scott,

As Sniper said, you can read all the rules at that link.

But to answer your immediate questions, you don't need any special equipment.
    There is no drawing from a holster so you don't need one at all if you would rather carry your firearms in a range bag like many of the shooters do. Reloads are OK but if you have a malfunction that appears to be ammo related, you will not be given a reshoot as you will with factory ammo. Unless you are shooting in UL/Master Class, your gun has to be pretty much stock. Barrel changing is a no no for sure and will get you bumped into UL class rather quickly. Some modifications for stock are allowed and you can read about them.

Hope this helps.

4. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

Thnaks TJC, Hope to see you at a match this year, Maybe Richmond or Topton ? ;W Sniper

5. scott mcdonald

scott mcdonald DAWGSM G-19

6. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

Sniper,

Doubtful on the matches. I've set my time aside for other things which take away from any time that I spent practicing and going to matches in the past.
    But if you get up this way for any other reason, please contact me and I would be happy to get together for lunch, dinner or just a cocktail or two.

7. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

Thanks for the invite TJC, I know there is a match this comming summer out your way.