Biographical Info
Tour of Duty: 21 years
Badge Number: Not available

Incident Details
Cause of Death: Automobile accident
Date of Incident: Saturday, March 27, 2010
Weapon Used: Not available
Suspect Info: Not available

Corporal Kevin Cusack was killed when his patrol car was involved in a single-vehicle accident.

HE was on on patrol when his patrol car left the road as he drove on State Highway 200 about six miles south of Lancaster. Corporal Cusack was killed as a result.

Corporal Cusack had served with the South Carolina Highway Patrol for 21 years. He is survived by his three children.

Agency Contact Information
South Carolina Highway Patrol
10311 Wilson Boulevard
Blythewood, SC 29016

Phone: (803) 896-7920

·
Florist
20,781 Posts
RIP Corporal Cusack. Condolences to your family and may your god watch over them.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
RIP Corporal Cusack :fallenofficer:

Prayers for his family and department.

·
Crazy CO
18,146 Posts

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
:fallenofficer:

Prayers for Cpl. Cusack's family, friends and coworkers.

·
Florist
20,781 Posts
48 in 86 days, damn... RIP. :fallenofficer:
As I've said before, any other industry where there is a steady, regular OTJ mortality rate of 1 in every 2 or 3 days, OSHA would be there so fast to shut it down, your head will spin.

·
Cover is Code 3
4,277 Posts
RIP, brother.

The patch wall Russ built is filling up way too fast.

·
Florist
20,781 Posts
The patch wall Russ built is filling up way too fast.
Amen brother. I collect patches, but this is one collection I will gladly see remain empty.

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
I don't know any more than what I have read here, but I have to wonder if a better set of tires could have saved his life. The only work I do on the street is an occasional transport, but even so, my opinion of the RS-A, which I believe is still the industry standard, is not good. Yes, they are about as tough a tire as one could find, but that's about the only good point I see. Again, I truly hope crappy tires did not cost this man his life.

Godspeed.

·
Florist
20,781 Posts
In an ideal world, all personnel should be getting the best equipment and training money can buy. Over and over again. Heck, money should not even be an issue. But that's the ideal world.

On a side note, I recently found out that in my agency, when a tire goes flat due to a nail, etc... that tire is replaced with a new tire, not patched up. Is this SOP with other agencies/departments?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts