GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 100 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
My friend has a guy working for him that has a friend that works for L3. He was told they are getting truck loads of returns in daily and are WAY behind. So, it sounds as if it may be awhile....

On a better note that gift certificate thing was found to be false and was spread around on another gun forum. They are giving refunds not gift certificates. I just hope it stays that way with the truck loads of returns everyday.

I was thinking about getting a Aimpoint T2 as word is the entire Aimpoint line may get approved but just picked up a PRO instead today. So far it's seems pretty good but it is going take some time to get used to. The battery life will be nice though it sucked having to swap batteries on the eotech every 6 months.

·
Registered
14,126 Posts
Got an email today saying my sight has been received and the refund approved. My refund check is "processing" and I should receive another email confirming it has been mailed to me soon.

·
BOOSH
4,012 Posts
Got an email today saying my sight has been received and the refund approved. My refund check is "processing" and I should receive another email confirming it has been mailed to me soon.
I got that same email. Now it's a race to see who gets theirs first, it seems.

·
Registered
30,844 Posts
It is official. The powers that be have taken off the EOTechs off and placed an order for the PROs.

Now if we can just get rid of the incandescent 6P flashlights we would be dialed in.

Reactions: TBO

·
Farmer, House Sitter and Cook
5,667 Posts
It is official. The powers that be have taken off the EOTechs off and placed an order for the PROs.

Now if we can just get rid of the incandescent 6P flashlights we would be dialed in.
Gotta love incan bulbs. But for close up searches they are still quite valuable. They help discern colors like nobody's business.

I wish my PRO had something with which to criticize but other than the 1/3-N battery there is nothing I can think of.

I hope your department has much success with the PRO.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I got rid of mine several years ago because the battery life sucked, and because it never held zero worth a crap. I figured it was because at the time our rifles had to be in the trunk (no in cabin racks in line cars) and the rattling around was knocking the sight off zero. In hindsight, I wonder if it was the extreme temperature shifts doing it. My friend has one that's done the same thing to him.

That said, I have not seen anything from our ivory tower on the use of EOTech sights. Given that CSPD just got rid of theirs, I can't imagine we will be off the bandwagon for very long.

Glad I got the Aimpoint T1 now. It's been a far more reliable sight. I loved that EOTech reticle though.

·
Registered
30,844 Posts
After talking to our smith re barreling our 15+ year old rifles he said testing has shown that the EOtechs can drift from say being zeroed at one temp and shot at another.

·
Registered
14,126 Posts
After talking to our smith re barreling our 15+ year old rifles he said testing has shown that the EOtechs can drift from say being zeroed at one temp and shot at another.
I always noticed mine was off everytime we qualified. I always found it odd, because it sat in the car and did nothing in between quals. It was never enough to blow my qualification score, so I always just clicked the windage adjustment over a few clicks afterwards and never worried about it.

·
Super Moderator
18,505 Posts
Drop-in Cree LEDs are about $10. I know how I'd be solving the problem, regardless of what the suits said.

·
Registered
30,844 Posts
Drop-in Cree LEDs are about $10. I know how I'd be solving the problem, regardless of what the suits said.
Baby steps. It's only taken 15 years to get that pool rifles suck.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I bought an H1 on sale for $400 on Black Friday. It replaced the Eotech on my primary sbr. When I get the refund I am thinking about the MRO. I've been seeing it on sale for just over $400 with a mount.

Then again, I rarely shoot my 300blk sbr so I don't really need another optic...maybe it's time for another gun. Or suppressor...

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
Well, I just ordered an Aimpoint COMP M4 for my rifle today. Now I'm wondering if I should send in the Eotech or wait until someone actually gets a check? I'm starting to hear that so far, no one has been refunded. It's been a while for some folks. Pretty scary to think what could happen if the company goes bankrupt. We could all potentially be out of our Eotechs and our money.

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
You are going to love it.
Oh I know.. I have a COMP ML2 already. Next question is, should I just use the Eotech three power magnifier, or get the Aimpoint magnifier. I actually prefer the pivot mechanism on the Eotech, but I'm a bit OCD about mixing brands even though sources all say as long as your mount height is the same, the magnifiers are 100% cross compatible.

·
Registered
14,126 Posts
Well, I just ordered an Aimpoint COMP M4 for my rifle today. Now I'm wondering if I should send in the Eotech or wait until someone actually gets a check? I'm starting to hear that so far, no one has been refunded. It's been a while for some folks. Pretty scary to think what could happen if the company goes bankrupt. We could all potentially be out of our Eotechs and our money.

Mailed mine December 23 so it's been close to a month. I got an email stating mine has been received a is being processed a week ago. From the beginning I felt their was a chance I will get nothing out of them, but I took the risk thinking I better get in on it quick in case they decide to stop taking them in.

I am looking at a month since I shipped it off. I expect it to be another two weeks before I get a check.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I sent mine in a few weeks ago. Personally, I don't think anyone will see refunds before spring.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,126 Posts
Holy crap I got my check in the mail today for $474. They said in my last communication with them that I would receive email notification when they mailed the check out, I didn't get that so I was surprised to see it today.

My timeline was the sight was mailed in December 23rd or so, got an email saying it was received and processing Jan 15th, and got the check today Feb 16th.

I guess I was wrong when I said I half expect to never see a check. To be honest with you, now I half expect the check to bounce haha. I will be depositing this baby today with no delays.

I decided against buying another sight with the refund money. I was looking at the Trjicon reflex sight, but I will stick with the Pro for my duty gun and the carry handle irons for my play gun.

Might have to pick up a Glock 17. I don't own a polymer handled handgun and the G17 would make a nice range gun.

or...

Since I was sick over the winter and didn't get in on any deer hunting I have decided to Turkey hunt this spring. I might just blow the whole deal on Turkey hunting accessories. I need calls, facemask, ground blind, decoys, and enough shells to do some pattern testing.

81 - 100 of 148 Posts