EOTECH MICRO WHERE IS IT? One with loonnngg battery life!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by alfred10, Feb 12, 2010.

1. alfred10

alfred10

Why is there not an Eotech Micro? I would buy it tomorrow if they had an eotech that was the size, weight, and batter life of the Aimpoint Micro BUT with the eotech dot and 1 inch MOA...

2. Boats

Boats Not Assimilated

Those pesky patent laws.:whistling:

3. jp3975

jp3975

4. Tomac

Tomac

I love the Eotech's circle-dot reticle but the laser system of the Eotech is an energy hog compared to the LED of an Aimpoint so an Eotech's battery life will never come close to an Aimpoint's battery life.
    With that being said, I have the Trijicon DI RMR pictured above on the wife's PS90 and their RX30 on my STG-556's (very KISS w/no batteries, switches, electronics or adjustments to worry about).
    Tomac

5. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

What's up with this Micro craze?

I can't believe people are buying these things...

They're smaller, far less rugged, use those old stupid button batteries, and require less than ideal mounting solutions.

I seriously doubt you will ever see one in a professional application, and I predict the fad will die in a year or so. The pimpy gotta-have-whats-new crowd will move onto something else (maybe a new kind of variable power design, a new kind of tritium illuminated design, whatever) and the professional users will stick with what offers the best functionality... standard sized optics.

6. ronin.45

ronin.45

Unless you are mounting it on a handgun the regular size should be fine.
    I've never felt the extra weight or size was an issue on a long gun.

7. rem2429

rem2429

Nightforce uses those stupid button batteries too. Maybe I should give mine up. :upeyes: I think if it can be made rugged, then there is no problem with being smaller, lighter, and less likely to get hung up on stuff. If it can't be made rugged, it won't last. Fifteen years ago, people thought optics were stupid on a fighting gun. Those professionals changed their mind with time.

8. -gunut-

-gunut-

It is a solution to different questions. Before all these companies started producing these micro sights, all you had was Dr. (which were kinda hard to come by).

-What else would I mount on a top cover of my UZI that would allow me to co-witness with my iron sights?

-Does it not make sense to use one along with a powered scope for use within a close distances?

-What would you rather use on a pistol (either for competition or sighting over a suppressor)?.

These are just a few examples.

9. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

I should merge this with my rant in the Black Rifle forum to say that my criticism is only for mounting these on ARs.

I like the Micros and yes, the ruggedized mounting options for the Doctors on a shotgun, or an AK or a MAX-11 or whatever... but sacrificing usable optic window, ruggedness, and logistics (everything should run on 123s or AAs) in exchange for... I'm not exactly sure... weight? (seems negligible on a long gun)... snaggability? (as mentioned above)

That's a new one on me, but I guarentee you a Micro on a skyscraper mount is MUCH more prone to hangups than a fullsize EOTech.

10. -gunut-

-gunut-

Yeah, I have a full size Aimpoint ML3 on my rifle. I like it a lot. I have never tried those Aimpoint micro thing

[​IMG]

They seem pretty popular. I would have to try one in person before I dropped any money on it or decided to use it instead of what I am currently running.

11. humanguerrilla

humanguerrilla

Doubt you'll see smaller than the XPS anythime soon.
    [​IMG]
    only 4oz heavier than the T1, horizontal 123 battery 600 hours at setting 12 (doubt you'll ever see near Aimpoint battery life with any Eotech tech)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010