close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

EOTECH Aluminum Alloy Laser Sight Rifle Scope with Gun Mount - $40 Shipped

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by tampashooters, Jan 12, 2010.

1. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

2. ashtxsniper

ashtxsniper TX Open Carrier

One more reason to hate China.

3. str8tshooter

str8tshooter

4. JTLIII

JTLIII

would be interesting to compare

5. hdbob

hdbob

YES it would... But WOW... the few reviews seem favorable..... Im tempted to get one just to compare.

6. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Certainly looks real!

7. dualG22s

dualG22s

deal extreme writs their own reviews

8. unsigned

unsigned

I ordered one. Don't have much to compare it too, but I'll post back my opinion.

9. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

Looking forward to your review.

10. edge4628

edge4628

As soon as you post a (hopefully) positive review I'm buying one. Let us know!

11. w103tws

w103tws

I ordered one also, but it seems it may take a month to get here.

12. dubels

dubels

You sir are an idiot. Enjoy your Wal-marts and other cheap consumer goods much?

13. yota33

yota33

BEWARE of dealextreme.....

I ordered a Vibration Activated 120dB Anti-Theft Security Alarm from dealextreme over five months ago.It took weeks to get it,and when it got here,it didnt work.

I went through all the RED tape to try and get it replaced.
    After five months,I have failed to get a replacement or a refund.

I have learned my lesson

14. Midwest timmy

Midwest timmy

Just wondering if these arrived yet from china? I have been looking forward to the review.

15. bci21984

bci21984

same instance with a flashlight i ordered from them, it shipped and arrived very quickly. i opened the package, and unscrewed the tailcap to insert a battery and the switch components fell out into my hand.

no refund, no exchange, nothing from them.

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  16. Aiden

Aiden

Alrighty, seems my original post was lost in the sea of posts waiting to be approved, but now I think it will go through!

Since nobody posted a review of these, I figured I'd throw my own experience with them up here in a sort of mini review and assessment.

Firstly, these clones are nothing more than glorified red dot scopes, they have all the cool look of an Eotech but they're really no better than the BSA red dot scopes you'll find at Walmart. They look MUCH nicer though.

[​IMG]
    This is mine after a couple months.

I purchased one a couple months back for one of my airsoft guns from a chinese dealer I know. Almost all of the clone Eotechs come from the same factory, they just have various brands slapped on them, such as G&P, and varying price tags (the G&P go for 80-100 dollars). Mine came with most of the trademarks (did not have the Eotech logo), which looked neat and thankfully were free of mispellings, though with a little sweat and friction I started to lose the trademarks.

[​IMG]
    Mounted on my PTW

View of the other side
    [​IMG]
    Construction was nice and solid for a 40dollar replica, plastic wasn't too cheap, though it could scrape pretty easily. It mounted securely to my Systema PTW's flattop upper receiver. Zeroing was easy enough and it held the zero relatively well through vibrations during travel and bouncing around during gameplay, though I took care to never drop my rifle or otherwise subject it to undue amounts of stress. Also, it's important to note that the zero was more of a "At 140ft, the airsoft BBs will be somewhere in a 6inch grouping over the center dot", due to the limitations of launching a .28g sphere through the air accurately.

[​IMG]
    Sorry for the semi blurry picture, this is an old one from before I sold it.

The reticule was pretty crisp, with the option of either a red reticule or green reticule. Adjustable levels of brightness meant this could be extremely bright indoors and in low-light, as well as visible in broad daylight on a sunny day, provided you were aiming at something darker.

[​IMG]

There was some slight ghosting, it was more visible when viewed from a lower angle, but not enough to be a huge turn off. This picture shows the green reticule and shows the ghosting at its worst, though technically it would never be this bad if mounted on a rifle.

---

Now for the important question: Is this replica worth using on a real steel firearm?

If you're firing something with very little recoil, then this replica should function decently well as an red dot scope at short ranges. For example, a friend of mine mounted his clone Eotech to his Ruger 10/22 and sorta-kinda zero'd it for the 100yrd range, by which I mean he winged it. Worked well enough to put the rounds on paper all day long, and probably would have worked better with a magnifier and an actual zero.

Would I put this on a gun with substantial recoil and expect it to hold a zero? No, I wouldn't, but it's 40 bucks if you want to try. If it doesn't work out, at least it looks cool for pictures. Not owning a rifle, I've never tried, so I can't give you any firsthand experience there.

In short, if you're expecting the same performance from a genuine Eotech holosight, you're going to be sorely disappointed. If you're looking for the performance you'd get from a cheap 40dollar red dot sight, you might get it.

If not, they hold resale value relatively well on airsoft forums, sell it for 40 bucks to someone who wants it and buy something better.

edit:

Also, if you want a more reliable retailer to get clone optics, Ehobbyasia has a full selection on just about everything.
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/scopes-red-dots/red-dots-sight/index.html

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  17. guns54

guns54 toni

my buddie sold his for 10.00. junk for sure. the guy that he sold it to wanted his money back. dont buy.

18. jeepinbandit

jeepinbandit Sgt. USMC

I've got a knock off FACOG that used to be sold by 1337tactical.com I picked it up off of ARFCOM a few years ago and really like it. It doesn't have Tritium or fiberoptic for illumination but it still works very well has 4x mag and BDC in it.

19. Megastar 10

Megastar 10

A $40 sight will not equal a $400 one. Tell yourself the Eotech is overpriced all you want but I don't have to order one to tell you it's crap.

When the 1st of the clonepoint scopes started showing up for $100 versus the real deal Aimpoint at $450 I thought I would try one. At that point in time I had not used a red dot, but all of the People in the know talked about how it was faster to get hits, more peripheral vision, etc. I figured, try the knock-off to see if you like the concept of it. Well I didn't and I got rid of it. Fast forward 6 months down the road to when I got a rifle in trade that had an Aimpoint on it and I gave the RDS concept another try. Night and day difference! I was sold on RDS and now own over a half dozen of them.

Everyone's needs and expectations are different but for me I have adopted the buy once, cry once mentality. I have scopes & dot sights of different levels and specifications but none of them are the cheap knock-offs.

20. unsigned

unsigned

I did purchase one, it was garbage. I had figured it could be an airsoft toy, but not even that good. The problem was when I went to 'zero' it, elevation couldn't be adjusted. I ended up taking it apart and locking it to a false vertical zero and then shelving the whole thing. Good experiment, but not worth it.