close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Entitlement ......?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by dango, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Averageman

Averageman

I read that they do not even pursue looking in to people claiming a need for Food Stamps. Aparently it's cheaper to hand them out and not even investigate.
    People dont have the guts to get up and try anymore before giving in and taking the handout.
    I see perfectly able folks pull that card out, who have seperated their legal groceries from their "Fun Stuff".
    When the buck finally stops and it will soon, I can't wait to see the looks on some folks faces when the magic card doesn't work anymore and the Gov"t check doesnt come to them.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  2. dango

dango

EeeeeeeeeeK...................................:shocked:

3. frizz

frizz

:upeyes:

No, his definition is not wrong. The definition is not sharply defined, so there no one single definition of the word.

You have posted one definition of it which you got from a law website. That doesn't make it the one and only definition.

Because of that, your arguments are specious, and your insults based on them are baseless.

:wavey:

4. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

If you are confronted by a pack of starving lions, I don't think they'll be satisfied with your stinking bone. They'll want to eat you, save the bone for later.

:supergrin:

5. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

There's the rub.

An entitlement is whatever the professional liars declare it to be.

6. dango

dango

But I have have an ACE up my sleeve , G-29 ...!

MaMa didn't raise no fool...............! :supergrin:

Exit , stage right...............!

7. Averageman

Averageman

My Grandfather told me that folks who lived in rural America in the MidWest were uneffected by and large by the Depression.
    They lived season to season on farms and made most of their own stuff, They bartered for their stuff they couldn't make and worked in factories when the work was there.
    Then what really got me was.
    "We don't have Farms, we dont have Factories, we barely have Families, I don't think you could have something like that again, because we don't live like that anymore; so how are people going to eat?"
    I think we just might find out how that will work for us.

8. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

If you had G33 up your sleeve, she'd eat the lions for ya.

9. frizz

frizz

As much as I am don't like seeing the same thing....

Be careful what you wish for! You aren't going to like that day. It is going to get ugly, and it will be far, far worse than the civil unrest in Greece. Greece will be a holiday public celebration by comparison.

There is a huge difference here because of the underlying racial aspects of public assistance, particularly the fact that blacks are 2.5 times more likely to be on public assistance than whites are. The simmering racial tension will erupt pretty much simultaneously.

Mixing the immediate rage with the ever-present anger will be just like the LA Rodney King riot, except that this time it will be nationwide.

10. frizz

frizz

Just pray that you can remain on your land.

11. Panglоss

Panglоss I am the NRA

^^^^

this

12. frizz

frizz

What? Farms in the Midwest were horribly hurt by the depression, and then the dustbowl. Farmers who financed operations by using their farms as security lost them. Wheat prices collapsed below the cost of production.

You know the saying "California or Bust" by the Okies (and not just from Oklahoma) who had to leave their homes.

That was a bad time for agriculture.

13. roger123

roger123

Not me, I specifically didn't enroll in Montgomery! Then they came out with post 911 and my youngest is going to college for free (I paid every cent out of pocket for my oldest, no loans and we made too much for any "assistance"). She has a 4 year degree and neither she nor us has any debt and the youngest will go and we will actually make money on the deal.

14. Panglоss

Panglоss I am the NRA

Wow. Congratulations, I think you just won the award for biggest broken record in the history of internet forums (certainly within such a short time period)!

I guess you believe in the theory of argumentation that consists of repeating oneself over and over and over until someone starts to think you are right. Even though you have offered no evidence or good reason for anyone to believe a word that you are saying.

"Entitlement is what I say it is. Your definition of entitlement is wrong. You are wrong."

OK, we get it. Thanks for the informative posts. Please move along now.

[​IMG]

15. dango

dango

The dust bowl was caused by mans inablity to understand the enviromental needs of the land and nature. It was to say at least not an absolute but more of an effect of ignorance !

16. nursetim

nursetim

That's it? That is the sum total of you argument? That is your response? That's it? Why bother?:rofl::rofl: who writes your material? Bagdad bob? No, maybe it's that carney fella that defends barry all the time.

BTW, I get that from a bunch of people that can not make a cogent argument, so you're not alone.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0"]YouTube - Billy Madison - Ultimate Insult (Academic Decathlon)[/ame]

17. roger123

roger123

Most, but you'll never know if you were one of the most will you?

Unless you were in, then I retract my statement.

18. frizz

frizz

I don't think that is the case. The generally accepted meaning, in common discourse, is an unearned government benefit.

There may be a related, similar meaning used in the political/legal community, but that definition is essentially jargon. The overlap and be confusing.

A similar word is assault. A long time ago, as common-law legal jargon it meant, roughly, deliberately scaring someone that you will hit them. Now it means the crime of actually hitting someone deliberately.

Back then, battery meant actually hitting someone deliberately, and it still does today. Strangely, in civil/tort law, assault and battery retain their common-law meanings.

19. frizz

frizz

:laughabove:

I had to look it up... I think he is going for the formal logical fallacy argumentum ad nauseam

:chatter: I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right...

20. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

I agree. I have always understood assault to be the threat, battery to be actual physical contact and injury. But then I learned my law 40 years ago before dirt was invented and Moses was just a lad.

:supergrin:

That said, I tend to live by the contract day-to-day. I am entitled if the contract sayeth, not entitled if the contract don'teth.