close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Entitlement ......?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by dango, Oct 14, 2012.

1. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I have no issue with that. I would send my taxes in for that. I in fact think common defense is one of the main tasks of the govt.

2. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Also why I like direct taxes (such as the FD tax) is it goes where it is supposed to.

Once money goes into a general fund, it gets moved where the politicians want to and misappropriated (they say re appropriated).

3. G-19

G-19

Where you carrying your CCW?

4. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Well, I drank 7 or 8 liters of beer. Are you suggesting that I should be carrying a firearm when intoxicated?

5. bmoore

bmoore

I agree with you.

6. G-19

G-19

Nope, just pointing out that Germans are not as free as you want to make them sound.

7. frizz

frizz

My point is, the difference in the levels of freedom is debatable. How easy is it to get a Glock in most European countries?

See?

8. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

When is the last time you drove 125+ mph down the highway? I did it 6 hours ago...

And how many of you have a full auto weapon in your house?

If you JUST judge on firearms, I would say Swiss are more free. It easy to get a full auto there.

Or maybe a sound suppressor. I can go down to a gun store and buy one in Germany (or switzerland) without problem. They are not controlled.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  9. Averageman

Averageman

Sounds like the Bonus March could happen all over again eh?
    Once again, you elected these "Officials" to negotiate on your behalf.
    Not being happy with how your vote turned out in retrospect is no reason to remove what some call an entitlement and I call my retirement.

10. frizz

frizz

Two gallons of beer? :wow:

Daaaaayyyyuuuuuummm!

11. nursetim

nursetim

Well show me where I erred. If so it was out of ignorance, and I claim many ignorances, most I don't even know I have until brought up.

Now if it is word games, such as "what is the meaning of the word "is"?" Then feel free not to respond. If it is along the lines of sovereign citizens rhetoric, again feel free not to respond. But if your stance is that all government programs, I say again, ALL, are entitlements, I would suggest that you are the one mistaken or ignorant.

I have explained my side. You have said nothing in your own defense, save slinging vague responses. I have read your other posts and I believe them wrong. What say you of substance?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  12. muscogee

muscogee

I've been saying that for years. My wife can retire in 2 years. After that we're gone.

13. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

And we can elect new ones to renegotiate. Yes, even those who might jack with your retirement.

See how that works?

14. Averageman

Averageman

Yeah, I sure do; I'm watching Obama care double my Tri-Care Prime costs.
    I can almost assure you that before I do retire at 70 someone will come up with the bright idea of taking my retirement to fund more social programs so Shanequia can have three kids out of wedlock, get public housing, Obama Care, Food Stamps, an Obama phone and W.I.C.
    The irony in all of this is one of the reasons I retired from the Military was that I didn't trust that S.S. would be there for me when it was my time.
    I'm just trying to get a kid through college and live a middle class lifestyle after years of this crap.
    I would stuff more money in to my 401K, but they will come after that next.

15. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

I hear ya and don't wish you any misfortune. But we've crossed the point where the math doesn't work any longer. No sacred cows or they all get slaughtered.

If you and I were kings deciding things I estimate our priority list would look very similar, believe it or not.

16. dango

dango

The only security one has is ones self and the ability to change.
    Social Darwinism , you are the way , you are the light , you must
    change your way of thinking . Once you wrap your mind around
    this , the answer is hitting you the face .

I can not even count on money but , I can eat what I grow and that is what I will and am doing . The only sound investment I
    can make !

17. RimfireMan

RimfireMan

To start with, your definition of entitlement is wrong. It all derailed after that point.

18. dango

dango

This is typical of all my threads , expect the unexpected .
    I pride myself in that I can throw the proverbial bone to the pack of starving lions.........:supergrin:

19. frizz

frizz

Bankruptcy is an area where you have some misunderstanding. This has come up in other threads, and I'm looking at US bankruptcy law only. (BK=bankruptcy -- legal shorthand.)

BK isn't always a "get out of jail free card". You can't just say "I don't want to pay what I owe", and walk away. Yes, there is abuse, but this isn't always the case. You have to say "I can't pay what I owe" and then let the process look at your situation to see if that is accurate.

It a moral problem. Sure, it is hard to justify letting someone walk away from irresponsible behavior. But someone who has had a catastrophic illness that exceeded the medical insurance limit has a more justifiable reason. BK protects both the irresponsible and the unlucky.

If you have the ability to pay all or a portion of your debts with income or assets, you are likely going to lose some of those assets and/or have to make payments for a few years.

If you have personal property over a certain amount, and real property over a certain amount, the portion over the limit is subject to being taken in the BK case. Note that just as debts like student loans are generally not dischargeable, some assets are exempt from being taken; an auto mechanic's tools are an example.

Every case is different, but if you are single, have $20,000 in credit card debt, make $35,000/yr and own a boat and motorcycle worth a combined total of $5,000, you will probably lose those toys, and you may have to pay some of the debt.

If you owe $30,000 have nothing but an old car, make $22,000 and you live with a friend, you will probably walk with a total discharge.

Owe $50,000, make $150,000, have a coin collection worth $35,000? Expect to have your BK petition denied.

It also matters how you incurred the debt. If you owe $30,000 in cc debt, run up another $5,000 for a cruise then file a month after the cruise, expect to be denied. Running up the $5,000 after you fall and have some front teeth broken would be a different story.

You have to report all debts, expenses, any income, and any assets. If you don't report all income and assets, you may have your petition denied, and your debts will remain.

Small oversights, are not a big deal, but if you deliberately conceal any incomes or assets, and you get caught, count on your BK being denied, and pray you aren't prosecuted.

This isn't the academic view of BK, this is roughly what happens in reality. It may not match your experience with your debtors, but consider that you may see a particular segment of all debtors. I guess in statistical terms, you may have a biased sample.

It's like this:

Some cases are :wow::crying:
    Some are :upeyes: :steamed:
    Some of them are :dunno:

Sorry to talk your ear off, and if you already know any of what I wrote, please don't take it as an insult to your intelligence....

20. frizz

frizz

We're still hungry. Like zombies, we think you look pretty tasty.

:grill:

Sorry about that. Hope it is quick! :tongueout: