close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Entitlement ......?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by dango, Oct 14, 2012.

1. muscogee

muscogee

You weren't around in 1968. Welfare is a bribe we pay poor people to not burn down their cities. It's much cheaper than cleaning up the mess and rebuilding. It's much cheaper than catching them, trying, them, and keeping them in prison.

2. muscogee

muscogee

Good point. An entitlement is a benefit that someone else gets that you don't.

3. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

They do that again, and the only welfare assistance they're gonna get is boy scout tents and ramen noodles.

4. Pwhfirefighter

Pwhfirefighter

I used the GI bill when I enlisted 19 years ago, and even coming up on 20 years time in, I am still grateful for it. I got $200 a month GI bill and state tuition assistance. I think it is safe to say that the GI bill is not the only reason I joined, after 19 years in. As I said, I am grateful. As to whether it is an "entitlement", well can't say I see it that way but we can agree to disagree. A lot of us who used the GI bill have been working and contributing to society and paying taxes.

Just my opinion.

5. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

So should YOU (as in you muscogee personally) be responsible for paying for MY my (as in me personally) so that my liquid assets are not taken from me if I have a heart attack, kidney failure, etc?

Give me an exact amount of dollars and cents that YOU, muscogee, should be responsible for paying for MY, dana's, medical care if I were to have a heart attack so my liquid assets (read money) is not "taken" from me.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  6. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

It's 'deferred compensation' .

7. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

You die,folks do that every day.'08.

8. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

This is my opinion, but paying for soldiers to be educated may cost money, but I suspect as a whole the GI Bill actually generates wealth. I am all for an educated population.

I can 100% say the sectors of the USA population that are uneducated are the sectors we are spending the most money on in terms of welfare, crime, etc.

Personally, I would be all for stripping Pell grants, etc from students and make them "earn" their govt assistance in University by serving in the military (the problem with this is the military doesnt want that many people). But the alternative with all the govt "grants" for college is the students are getting handouts and not earning it.

9. muscogee

muscogee

Did the same thing with my in-laws. It was tough duty for me. My wife deserves Sainthood for what she endured.

10. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

How misinformed you are.

There are people with special connections in the Illuminati that have access to medical devices and medicines that prevent death.

You just dont have enough money to buy them. Sucks to be part of the population that has to die, huh?

11. muscogee

muscogee

I have a friend in Germany who developed colon cancer and lost his job because he couldn't work. He has some rental property and some investments so he was able to get by. He took some of his investments and started a business. He has recovered quite nicely. In the U.S. he would have been driven into bankruptcy by his medical bills and be on welfare. Which do you see as the better solution? I vote for letting people get back on their feet and work instead of being financially wiped out and forced on government assistance. Think about it. When that happens the healthcare industry gets the money and the person's support gets dumped on the government (i.e., the rest of us). This transfers wealth from everyone to the healthcare industry.

I'm not sure exactly how healthcare works in Germany, but we should be able to do as well here. As for what should I pay, whatever everyone else pays. Don't give me a, "Let them eat cake" answer. You know that won't work.

12. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

You still havent said how much YOU PERSONALLY are willing to pay for MY health care so that I dont loose my liquid assets. Put a dollar amount on it. How much are YOU PERSONALLY willing to pay for MY PERSONAL health care so I dont loose liquid assets.

13. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

That is obvious that you dont know how it works.

Are you OK with a system that you are only entitled to go to PUBLIC hospitals and CANNOT go to the better PRIVATE hospitals because you can't afford it?

Are you OK with waiting in line 8 hours for a shot at a public hospital?

Are you OK with being in a ward (no rooms) with 20 other patients?

14. muscogee

muscogee

I answered the question. You just don't like the answer.

15. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

You "answered" what everyone else is.

So you are willing to pay the same AMOUNT of taxes as me so that you are paying the "what everyone else" is paying? I am an everyone else.

When you gonna start kicking in your fair share?

But how much should "everyone pay"? Give me a dollar amount.

$100 a year? $1000 a year? $10000 a year? $100000 a year?

16. muscogee

muscogee

They live longer than we do so it must not be too bad. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy#List_by_the_United_Nations_.282005.E2.80.932010.29

17. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

18. muscogee

muscogee

I have a PhD and friends in Germany.

I have friends in Stuttgart and my wife was born in Augsburg. They're appalled at our healthcare system. I don't know how it looks from your end but it looks better from theirs.

You didn't answer my question. Do you think our current system that is driving the middle class and working class into bankruptcy is acceptable?

The majority of bankruptcies in the U.S. is due to health care costs. The majority of people forced into bankruptcy due to health care costs have insurance. Why should people work and save for retirement if they're just going to end up broke anyway.

19. muscogee

muscogee

That's a hypothetical open ended question with no concrete answer. I'm willing to pay the same percent as you.

20. dango

dango

I claim to be no Island and there are more than a handful involved . When I die , the CLAN will carry on and I'm no stupid man ! The stupid wait and do nthing ......!
    Each and everyone have and know there task , life will continue !
    What's your plan..............?
    Sainthood , pass that around cause it's a way of life in these parts !