Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The leftest targeting campaign is at it again. They are pressuring everyone that does business with the NRA.

This includes Alamo, National, and Enterprise.

The rental-car giant, Enterprise Holdings, said it would end a discount promotion that was available to members of the National Rifle Association.

A company spokesperson told Business Insider in an email on Thursday: "We ended the discount program, effective March 26."

The spokesperson did not immediately respond to follow-up questions about why Enterprise ended the program. Avis Budget Group and Hertz— two rivals of Enterprise — still offered NRA discounts as of Thursday night, and did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for an interview.

The move by Enterprise comes more than a week after a deadly mass shooting ended the lives of 17 people at a high school in Parkland, Florida.

The February 14 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School has prompted demands for increased accountability from US lawmakers and businesses, in what so far has been an unprecedented push for gun-law reform.

Earlier on Thursday, First National Bank said it would not renew a contract with the NRA in which it issued an NRA-branded Visa card, Reuters reported. "Customer feedback has caused us to review our relationship with the NRA," said Kevin Langin, a spokesman for the Omaha-based bank.

The left-leaning news site, ThinkProgress, said it rounded up a list of 22 corporations it said was "making membership to America's premier gun-lobbying group more enticing" by offering such discounts and promotions.

NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch and Wayne LaPierre, the CEO of the gun-advocacy group, doubled down on their defense of the lobby on Thursday, hours after Loesch argued the NRA's case at a CNN town hall event, during which she was confronted by student survivors and parents of those killed in the Parkland shooting.
http://www.businessinsider.com/nra-members-wont-get-any-more-enterprise-rental-car-discounts-2018-2

·
Values. Can't be bought.
14,120 Posts
Very symbolic. Its all about appearances. Corporations have no morals.

·
Banned
45,580 Posts
A competitor will pick up the slack...

Reactions: 3007 and B C

·
Supreme Member
4,094 Posts
I've had an NRA Visa credit card through First National Bank of Omaha for almost 20 years. Just read tonight FNBOmaha is dropping the NRA credit card "in response to customer feedback."

Reactions: B C

·
Registered
24,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had an NRA Visa credit card through First National Bank of Omaha for almost 20 years. Just read tonight FNBOmaha is dropping the NRA credit card "in response to customer feedback."
Leftist are sending mass emails saying to drop their affiliation with the NRA. They do this to everything they don't like. Tolerant left.

Reactions: 3007

·
Supreme Member
4,094 Posts
Leftist are sending mass emails saying to drop their affiliation with the NRA. They do this to everything they don't like. Tolerant left.
Yup, there's actually a big push right now to identify and boycott businesses who support the NRA. Apparently it's working since we're already seeing businesses cut their ties with the NRA.

·
Texas Born & Bred
3,694 Posts
Here’s an email for you:
Dear FNB Omaha;
Due to your lack of commitment to the United States and it’s governing document, the Constitution, and support of liberal interests that would deny all Americans of their civil rights, in particular the 2nd and 1st Amendments, my account with you and any of your affiliate lines of business is hereby terminated.

Respectfully
NRA Member

·
Registered
10,051 Posts
Yup, me to. Going to cancel that quick now and get another card.

Reactions: B C

·
Supreme Member
4,094 Posts
Yup, me to. Going to cancel that quick now and get another card.
I thought about cancelling it immediately too. But doesn't the NRA get some sort of cash back or something for every purchase put on the card? I'm not sure how it works, but I thought there was some benefit to them whenever the card is used.

So I'll probably wait until the day FNB actually severs their tie with the NRA, then I'll cancel my account with FNB.

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Yet another company using biased business practices to try to damage a reputable company or organization. Sort of like banks refusing to do financial business with highly reputable companies like McMillan. Hey a***s, notice that McMillian's TAC-50 is perhaps the most awesome sniper rifle in the world and used by a number of armies to fight the ********* barbarians?

McMillan's son, Ryan, is also a former SEAL. Disgusting. Don

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I use Enterprise frequently for work. Its pretty much that or National. So, when returning my rental earlier this afternoon, I can tell you this. An employee was definitely bummed out about the news.

Another knee jerk reaction to go along with the slew of other companies that pull this stuff every or every other incident.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hertz joined in with them as well in ending the NRA member discount. Hertz owns Thrifty and Dollar as well, so add those to the boycott list. I'm sure Avis (which owns Budget and Payless) will follow pretty quickly, at which point we will be back to square one as Enterprise, Hertz and Avis pretty much control the rental car market.

This whole thing is complete bull****. Sick of companies politicizing themselves. Why can't companies just be in business to make money? I give as little of a crap about the political opinions of a company I am doing business with as I do about the opinions of an athlete or actor. Just do what I am paying you to do and STFU.

·
Premium Member
42,346 Posts
Everyone, including these companies, feels the need to voice their opinion. In this case, they are voicing their opinion by cutting ties with the NRA.

Funny when you look at how this same type of political stance backfired with the NFL.

·
Premium Member
42,346 Posts
Yet another company using biased business practices to try to damage a reputable company or organization. Sort of like banks refusing to do financial business with highly reputable companies like McMillan. Hey a***s, notice that McMillian's TAC-50 is perhaps the most awesome sniper rifle in the world and used by a number of armies to fight the ********* barbarians?

McMillan's son, Ryan, is also a former SEAL. Disgusting. Don

I believe that was Bank of America?

Reactions: DonD

·
Rational
15,837 Posts
Everyone, including these companies, feels the need to voice their opinion. In this case, they are voicing their opinion by cutting ties with the NRA.

Funny when you look at how this same type of political stance backfired with the NFL.
It's funny too, because the same people criticizing these companies for boycotting those with ties to the NRA are the same people calling for a boycott of these companies, and the same people who called for boycotting the NFL.

I don't really have a dog in this race since I've never rented a car, and I rarely travel outside my city. But I gotta say.....if those on the Right were as stubborn and vocal with boycotts as the Left is, then perhaps we'd get somewhere with gun rights in this country.

·
Previously Will Beararms
6,661 Posts
Hertz joined in with them as well in ending the NRA member discount. Hertz owns Thrifty and Dollar as well, so add those to the boycott list. I'm sure Avis (which owns Budget and Payless) will follow pretty quickly, at which point we will be back to square one as Enterprise, Hertz and Avis pretty much control the rental car market.

This whole thing is complete bull****. Sick of companies politicizing themselves. Why can't companies just be in business to make money? I give as little of a crap about the political opinions of a company I am doing business with as I do about the opinions of an athlete or actor. Just do what I am paying you to do and STFU.
The heck with air travel. I did it for 28 years. I hate it and refuse to be herded like cattle any more. The heck with rental cars.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts