Glock Talk banner

Enter All Jeepers!

27853 Views 104 Replies 73 Participants Last post by  TheBigCroaker
Let me see what kinda Jeep's all you glockaholics have on here!

Specs on the mods as well!

I'll upload some pics and post mine shortly.
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

· ****** Viejo
32,846 Posts
My very first car was a 1948 Willys Jeep. I got it in 1965. It was one year older than I was. This is not mine, but is identical to mine, other than my father had mine painted High Visibility Yellow.

I still think that vintage Jeep is way cooler than the modern models.

RIP,Sir. tom.

· ****** Viejo
32,846 Posts
My 2 Jeeps.

The black one is my '03 Grand Cherokee Overland.

This is my 1989 Grand Wagoneer, fresh from a ground-up restoration. Crate engine with a 4-barrel Edelbrock carb, Hedman Headers, Twin Flowmaster Glass packs, new interior, fresh paint.

I have an '03 Porsche 911, too. :)
I love that '89. tom. :cheers:

· ****** Viejo
32,846 Posts
It took me a long time to find this old thread. While not for off roading, we bought a Jeep last Saturday for my wife to use as an every day driver. We live in a snow belt. 2016 Jeep Compass 1941 Limited Edition. What a nice little SUV. It replaces her worn out 2000 KIA Sportage. If this Jeep lasts as long as that KIA did, we're going to be ok. tom.:cowboy:

· Sunburnt baldy
238 Posts
Oh dratcakes! I had forgotten this thread. For the first time in 30 years, I find myself Jeepless.
I traded for something to drive ridesharing. 3 row seating with leather and all the luxy things was good for making money, but pretty much keeps me on well-maintained roads.
While I miss my TJ, I think a JKU would work for both. Time to don my cogitater helmet.

· Registered
16,878 Posts
I need to find a pic to post;

'92 YJ 2.5 /5 speed; it was the "Islander" model, and was originally bright yellow; I got it as a project, as it had been sitting and needed a bit of TLC; no rust, and only 140 k, much of which was as a tow-behind for an RV, but the bikini top and all the canvass was shot, it needed a tune-up, the tires had dry rot, etc;

It's now desert tan, with a winch bumper, a 10,000 winch, a Bestop Safaria top, a nice overhead sound bar, a Smittybilt steel locking console, those seriously cool molle seat covers, a nice set of 31" Mudclaws (big enogh for most things I will do, still small enough to go down the highway at a decent speed ) and a bunch of other odds and ends; I run it without the doors, just the Safari top (sort of like the bikini top, but a little longer so it covers where the back seat would be, except in pace of a back seat I have a diamond plate storage box painted to match)....I upgraded the electrical system from the 90 amp stock alternator to a 136 amp unit , did the "big 3 " wire upgrade, put a steering brace on it, etc; I like how basic it is; manual trans, manual steering, no power anything. While I won't be towing anything large (I have another truck for that) , it can pull a little utility trailer with ease and the rock solid little 2.5 has enough power for what I am using it for, so I am happy.

Overall, it's been pretty bulletproof, and it's fun as hell, and can be driven open all year down here. One of the best purchases I made for it was kind of an unexpectedly happy surprise; I got a set of Bestop floor liners; they custom fit the driver and passenger floor wells and continue up the sides a little; they have a cool tire tread pattern to them, and they really keep the gunk at bay; I have seen the Weather-tech ones, and the Bestops are WAY nicer; not cheap, but worth every penny....

· Registered
15,917 Posts
My TJ.
Took it to the gun range yesterday. Bought it new in 2004. Its bone stock, except new tires and the Colts spare tire cover.
Photo from a few years ago. On the rifle range.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Its the Columbia edition. It came with a coupon redeemable for a Columbia winter jacket, I gave to my son. When I bought the Jeep, I wasn't looking for this model, but the local dealer only had this one and one other in stock, the other was a 4 cylinder. Mine is a 6, with 5 speed manual.

· ****** Viejo
32,846 Posts
Just a little over a year after buying my wife's Compass, my Ford Escape got to it's end. I ended up buying a Patriot for myself. So far it's GTG. tom.

Reactions: 7th District

· Sunburnt baldy
238 Posts
Well dang. Talk about timing. I just got home from the dealer, opened email and shazam!
I missed the boonies. Don't get me wrong, the Acura MDX is a fine car for the pavement. I swapped mine for a Cherokee Trailhawk. Pix will have to wait for daylight. Dirt will have to wait until next week, when I can convince a rider, or I can think of a good excuse.
Okay, maybe not a good one.

· Banned
28,106 Posts
:cow::cow::cow:

· Sunburnt baldy
238 Posts

Alrighty. Still haven't gotten it into the dirt yet. Tomorrow.
Funny thing is that I've been ubering for a couple of years now. I've had three or four trips up to the Phoenix area (about 125-150 miles each way). I finally got back into a Jeep and I've already been up there twice.
Aside from the noisy tires, this thing seems to have the pavement part down pat. If the magazine articles are halfway accurate, this puppy does it all well.

· ****** Viejo
32,846 Posts

Alrighty. Still haven't gotten it into the dirt yet. Tomorrow.
Funny thing is that I've been ubering for a couple of years now. I've had three or four trips up to the Phoenix area (about 125-150 miles each way). I finally got back into a Jeep and I've already been up there twice.
Aside from the noisy tires, this thing seems to have the pavement part down pat. If the magazine articles are halfway accurate, this puppy does it all well.
Your Trailhawk is very nice. My buddy bought one last year in Firecracker Red. Handles very well. tom. :cowboy:

81 - 100 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.