Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Venor ergo sum
"94% of mass shootings occur in gun free zones" CPRC
6,522 Posts
Yep, I’d get someone to read the code before starting to replace parts. Autozone and a few other parts stores will read the code for you for free. Once you have the code or codes, you can get a lot of info off the net.

· Conservative
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1st....2006 Honda Accord. 2.4
Back story, 2 days ago I had to pull the intake to replace the starter. It was all good until today when I got the ck engine lite & battery lite. I checked running voltage at 12.2, 11.8 with headlights on. Just bought an alternator and wondering about the ck engine lite being attributed to it.
Car only has 116K on it, I bought it new.
Getting mad at everything going bad. 2 months ago it was an ignition switch.

· Native Mainiac
37,786 Posts
Back story, 2 days ago I had to pull the intake to replace the starter. It was all good until today when I got the ck engine lite & battery lite. I checked running voltage at 12.2, 11.8 with headlights on. Just bought an alternator and wondering about the ck engine lite being attributed to it.
Could be something as simple as a bad ground connection.

Wish you the best of luck, but check the simple stuff first,.

Not pinging on you, but a lot of times, the last thing you did caused the problem. Go back and check any wiring connections you moved when you did the starter and then go from there.

· Registered
800 Posts
May or may not be.

Without knowing what code is set, impossible to know.

Anytime voltage drops that low it will starve different systems and cause all kinds of issues.

So whether the check engine light is on due to the low voltage situation or possibly something you did or missed during the previous repair doesn't really matter you need to fix the charging issue before even bothering with anything else.

Get it charging, clear the codes and see if anything comes back then worry about that, some things take multiple drive cycles to show up.

· Registered
9,601 Posts
A 2006 isn't a newish car. I'd get somebody skilled in auto mechanics to determine what got messed up by your repair. No offense intended, just shade tree repairs cause what you got about 95% of the time. Seen it A LOT. Have a pro fix it, then trade it off. A 2006 isn't going to get less troublesome/expensive.
Is it acting like it don't want to start? Well, the Espanol Hablas screw up about one in three starter or alternator "rebuilds." You bought a cheap one, didn't ya?
CEL could be almost anything, and most probably something you got wrong by removing the intake system. You're just blindfold dart throwing at this point. Get some real help.

· Registered
13 Posts
You probably left the gray plug unplugged that is on the drivers side of the manifold. Check that. It’s a multi wire plug and will cause check engine and no alternator function. It’s underneath the manifold. easy to overlook it when reinstalling the manifold.

· Registered
759 Posts
I checked running voltage at 12.2, 11.8 with headlights on.
Running voltage should be about 13.8, 12.2 sounds like the battery alone. Have the codes read at a parts house and go from there. Have the alternator checked before blindly replacing it. As mentioned above, check for any connections that didn't get plugged back in when the intake was reinstalled.

· Registered
671 Posts
This is a tough crowd. OP, my 2007 vehicle is still fun to drive, so if you’re still enjoying your Honda, find a good Honda forum and read for an hour or two about similar problems before even posting a question.You’ll be wanting a code reader, too.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.