Energy costs need to skyrocket until it hurts (more)

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by cowboywannabe, Aug 6, 2015.

1. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

this needs to be rammed down the throats of all voters, especially tax payers in slave states like California that are dependent upon other states for their ability to turn on the lights. only when democrat choke hold states like California have to pay triple the cost for energy will they see (maybe see) how their votes have hurt this once great nation. I'm sure the black pride, white guilt, and illegal alien voters still won't care, as one group is rich, while the other two get somebody else's money to pay the bills. but maybe, just maybe there will be an awakening. I'm quite tired of a death by a thousand cuts, we need to have the knife that has been stuck in our backs turned a bit harder.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...o-put-power-plant-rules-on-hold/?intcmp=hpbt1

Burebista likes this.
  2. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

When there is a cold snap and there's not enough electric capacity to heat everyone's home, maybe then the liberals will see what damage they've done. In the winter of 2013, during a severe cold snap, the northeast was one power plant away from going down.

What's really not understood is that our electric system is very fragile and that production capacity can barely meet demand. Imposing higher electric costs will reduce demand overall, but when coal fired plants are taken off line and a sudden demand comes along, the system won't be able to provide enough power. When severe cold or a heat wave hits, people will die. It's that simple.

3. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

California's social leaches do not live in the cold areas. they need to lose power when its hot. it would be nice if the only food prices affected by California's failure to plan for water issues effected California grocery stores only. but even then, the rich democrats can still afford the higher prices while the social leaches get it for free because of middle class taxes.

4. railfancwb

railfancwb

Some liberals consider deaths in heat and cold due to lack of power a feature not a bug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. jeanderson

In Chicago, during a heat wave in August of 2012, there were 18 heat related deaths. That was with air conditioning. Think about what the numbers would be without air.

6. rj1939

rj1939

Where the movie "Poor White Trash" was filmed
    IIRC last winter we would have been in a bind if it weren't for some coal fired plants that were do to shut down this year...........

Look for a natural gas shortage once coal is out of the way..............funny how we haven't had one for a while.

7. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sorry guys, we are producing more gas and oil here than ever before and prices are plummeting.

8. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

gas and oil keep cars moving, they don't keep the lights on.

9. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

A few years ago here, NM and W Texas areas we had extremely cold weather. It was -27* at my house. We never see temps like that here. The natural gas plants in W Texas and Southern NM froze and most everyone was without natural gas for quite a while. Most people heat around here with NG.

10. Judge Bean

Judge Bean

Huh? It was 27% of electric production last year and it will be going up.

11. HalfHazzard

HalfHazzard Señor Member

12. BORNGEARHEAD

BORNGEARHEAD

I couldn't care less what they want to charge for electricity. I find solar and wind turbine technology an easy solution to keeping crooks out of my wallet. :)

13. jeanderson

And what do you do when it is cloudy or the wind stops blowing?

Hey, I'm all for solar and wind power. But the danger in these technologies is that we become dependent on them for base load. When we swap out coal for solar and wind, we make our generating capacity more susceptible to variations in weather.