close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

End of a Long Road

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Napalm561, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Napalm561

Napalm561

After 14 and a half weeks at CLEET, I will finally reach my life's goal of becoming a Police Officer. Graduation will be tomorrow at 2pm CST. And I'm ready to get back out on the streets and go back to work. I've made many new life long friends here, and wish everyone a safe career!

:cheers:

:thanks:

2. PTRJason

PTRJason

Let me be the first to say congrats, just make sure you get everything ready for tomorrow and double check everything! Also PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR FTO!!!!

Congrats!

3. Horror

Horror Polizei

congratulations brother :cop:

4. blueiron

blueiron

The end of a long road?

Brother, the hard part hasn't even started yet.

Congratulations and good luck!

5. Panzergrenadier1979

Panzergrenadier1979 Keystone Cop

Congratulations and good luck!

6. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Let me also offer my congratulations, best of luck going forward
    +1000 Yes, watch his hands!!! :supergrin:

Randy

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  7. PTRJason

PTRJason

Yes always watch their hands. I even had a group of three 16 year old I contacted last night, one had his hands in his pockets and I was like "Hey bro, do me a favor and keep your hands out of your pockets for me." ALL of their hands shoot up, I chuckle and tell them you dont have to have your hands in the air, just not in your pockets. One did it again, not thinking, and I just nod and him and say pockets, and his hands shoot over his head again.

I am sure they told you in the academy, but if not, when working with a partner, and contacting subjects at say a DV, separate them, but keep their backs to each other, so they can not get distracted. Also make sure you are always facing your partner, and make eye contact frequently with each other so you guys know what is going on, and you know they are safe. Also if one subjects makes a swing or something, you or they can see it and react, and your back is not to them. I try to bring people outside as much as I can, sometimes I flat out refuse to go inside a building, telling them it is against policy or something, at least until initial contact is made and i get a feeling of how things are going.

8. walkin' trails

walkin' trails

Congradulations! Stay safe and keep your wits about you.

9. i8547

i8547 Without Equal

Use your instincts first, brains second, training third, and then your tools... Everything will fall into place from there.

10. leadbutt

leadbutt

Hope its a long and fruitfull trip

Retired after 37 years and still miss the rush, GOOD LUCK TO YA!!!!

11. RocPO

RocPO

Best of luck and a long healthy career to you.

Just don't be stupid. That's generally what gets guys jammed up.

12. sargespd

sargespd

Congratulations on completing your academy. Remember that while you have learned a great deal, you know nothing about the street. Remember that you have an awesome responsibility. You will be entrusted by those who employ you, the citizens of your community, with the power to take their freedom, their property, and if necessary, their lives. They grant you this power with the understanding that you will wield it fairly, with honor and compassion. Exceed their expectations! Be loyal and true to your brothers and sisters. Loyalty above all else, except honor. God bless you and keep you safe.

13. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Yep, you have just started on your journey as you join the greatest show on earth.

Watch those hands.

Trust nobody.

Have a plan to go home in the same shape you left home. If that includes taking someone's life in the line of duty to protect and serve the public trust, then so be it. Be prepared for that responsibility. It weighs on someone in ways you can't imagine.

Keep your wits about you. Stay alert. Think think think. Constantly plan the guessing game... what if... what if... stay sharp. Think options. Always have more than 1 option going into a situation. Give yourself the flexibility to adapt.

Maintain your sense of humor. Don't let it get to you. You will have a longer career that way. If you can't let it go, you will burn out, quit, put a bullet in yourself, or get strung out on alcohol or even drugs.

14. ugly8604

ugly8604

Shoot first, ask questions later.

15. Gangrel

Gangrel

The questions part is optional ;)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  16. evilwill

evilwill Speaks Jive

Bwahaha!! I was thinking the same thing. You've got at least 20 years to go.
    When I went through the academy, the instructors would tell us "There would come a day when you will miss the academy." At the time, I would think they were imbeciles. Now I fully understand what they mean and I would love to go back.
    Congratulations! The time will go by fast.

17. Bushido5150

Bushido5150

I understand completely how the academy can feel like a long road. I don't know about you but it took 2 years of college classes, pretesting, and interviews just to get into the academy. Now another 10 months of that just to be certifiable...then we have to find jobs (which don't exist)....so it can feel like a long road.

Good luck bro

18. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

X2. :rofl:

As the old song goes: You've only just begun...............

Good luck in your career. I enjoyed mine for over 33 yrs.

19. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

That "long road" was just the entry ramp to a looooooonnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg road :tongueout:

20. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

You will be working with Spdsnyper's outfit right. Pay heed to what they tell you and do be careful brother. Watch those hands, regardless of how friendly a person seems, learn to get a good read on body language. It is not always what is said, but how it is said in body language.