close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

EMT-B looking for work near Seattle...

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by Shrike30, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Shrike30

Shrike30 EMT-B

Hey, all!

At the end of last summer, I completed the EMT-B training course at North Seattle Community College, passed the NREMT exam, and can look for work in Washington. Life's been a little busy for the last year, but I'm finally able to really look at the opportunities that I've got.

My long term goal is firefighting (I'm working on the physical conditioning now), but I'd rather be working as an EMT than doing something outside of the field.

The two major EMS providers in my area are Rural Metro and American Medical Response. Has anyone worked with both and prefer one of them, or have any advice along those lines?

Many thanks!

2. DBake

DBake

I will be returning to the state this summer once college degree in complete. I have an interest in becoming a firefighter and I know every edge you can get will help one of those already completing EMT-B.

One thing I find confusing is that you can not get state cert. inless you are working in the field. Does that mean take the EMT course and passing the NREMT is useless? Or can you get state cert. once you get hired on by taking another test?

Can someone help me out with my thinking.

3. furryrabbit

furryrabbit

I worked for AMR for two years while going to UW. That was back in 98 or 99. It was really just BS transport with Medic One of course handling anything that remotely resembles a medical or trauma complaint. I visited a few friends there a couple years ago and I believe that the set up is still the same. It was a fun place to work just not much to actually do.

4. Joey

Joey Millennium Member

I currently work for AMR, PM any questions and I'll try to answer em.