81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Ok...

.....Popa Chubby....

View: https://youtu.be/gJWdFshK-pk

We ok again?
We were okay before. My comments were grounded in that group’s politics, which they have always been very out front with. And Crosby has been especially outspoken about his extreme hatred for President Trump, going so far as to call him and Ted Nugent a couple of a$$holes. Or maybe you hadn’t heard that one; and there were several other similar comments from that fat self righteous POS.

But besides their politics, I don’t think that CSN&Y share any comparable similarity with ELP or Rush. But that might just be me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Why so serious?
65,036 Posts
Well I believe this is going to be a really close poll right down to the wire 7 days from now. I haven't a clue who will win.
If you would have deployed Dominion to tally the votes your uncertainty could have been avoided. :tbo:

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Johnny Atkins may prefer RUSH but Emmerson Lake and Palmer were much better live.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I just looked at the vote tally, so far, (for some reason it wouldn't come up when I looked for it last night). And if we applied the same common core/dominion math formula that is being used to decide our election, then ELP would be the clear cut winner.

Subject to legal challenges, armies of lawyers, dismissal of all cases, "found" multiple boxes of paper ballots that were mysteriously misplaced and/or forgotten, election officials personal shenanigans, witness intimidation, and all of the rest.

Come on man, you know, the thing.

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
11,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Carl Palmer
Well since you brought that up, Keith is the proper way to spell Keith, not Kieth, sorry Borg, just telling it like it is. My dad's middle name was Keith and so is my middle name Keith. Later.

Reactions: 1bigK

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
11,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I just looked at the vote tally, so far, (for some reason it wouldn't come up when I looked for it last night). And if we applied the same common core/dominion math formula that is being used to decide our election, then ELP would be the clear cut winner.

Subject to legal challenges, armies of lawyers, dismissal of all cases, "found" multiple boxes of paper ballots that were mysteriously misplaced and/or forgotten, election officials personal shenanigans, witness intimidation, and all of the rest.

Come on man, you know, the thing.
ELP, "We was robbed I tell yuhz!"

Reactions: 1bigK

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
11,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Good musician but not legendary like Peart.
Well I won't say that Neil wasn't legendary he was legendary, but you say Keith Emerson wasn't legendary....pahleeeese! Name any keyboard/synth player is legendary, or better that Keith Emerson? Nevermind, I'm sure these pictures will show a creative genius and legend just as much as Jimi Hendrix to the guitar.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

To quote some Monty Python, "Say no more, say no more". Later.

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
11,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
I’m just not feeling the C,S,N&Y comparison.

A big part of ELP and Rush are the instrumentals. Where is that with your pick?
Well without Neil Young CSN would be almost pure Folk-Folk Rock. Later.

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
11,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Pttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttthhhhhhh!
Well I put that "Ptttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhfffffffffffffttttttttthhhhhhhh!" into pictures of Keith's synth/keyboard set-up in message 95. Later.

Reactions: LinuxLover

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
Well I won't say that Neil wasn't legendary he was legendary, but you say Keith Emerson wasn't legendary....pahleeeese! Name any keyboard/synth player is legendary, or better that Keith Emerson? Nevermind, I'm sure these pictures will show a creative genius and legend just as much as Jimi Hendrix to the guitar. View attachment 873774

View attachment 873776

View attachment 873778 View attachment 873780

View attachment 873782

To quote some Monty Python, "Say no more, say no more". Later.
You got me. I don't know any legendary synth players because I don't believe there are any. Sorry.

Reactions: cyberghostx13

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
11,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
If you would have deployed Dominion to tally the votes your uncertainty could have been avoided. :tbo:

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk
Well I don't know anything about "Dominion" lesson' your takin' 'bout the basketball team and I rather doubt that. I try very hard in life not to ASSUME.

I put together a match of two kinda similar groups both ICONIC in the wide spectrum of "Rock and Roll" and both have been around over 40 plus years. The closer the match is the better I feel about it, still it's all about fun and rock education.

I believe Neil is the greatest I have seen as far as drumming, but Keith Emerson was the "Mad Scientist" Genius of the Synthesizer and a most excellent piano player. I picked ELP on the account of that.

I have a lot of concerts on DVD including both groups, I also have two concerts of RUSH on iTunesHD and one concert of ELP on iTunesHD. All the musicians of both groups are a whole lot more than superb at their profession.

RUSH
image.png

image.png

image.png

ELP
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Well as they say in "Looney Tunes", "That"s All Folkes!"

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
11,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
You got me. I don't know any legendary synth players because I don't believe there are any. Sorry.
Well that's fine with me after all this poll is just supposed to be fun and enlightening. I imagine many here at GT that appreciate great music have songs/media of both groups. Later.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts