Emergency help with NEro

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by blackopsglock, Sep 10, 2007.

1. blackopsglock

blackopsglock smckma

Apparently I downloaded a file called Nero a few months back without reading all the fine print.

I apparently have to pay for the service that I really don't want.

The problem is that it has all my videos and photos locked up where I cannot view them or access them.I have about 80 gig worth of stuff from Videos to kids pictures.

I have backed all the photos up to a seperate hard drive and can view them fine from another computer in the house.I cannot view the videos thought.

The big question is how can I change all of my pics and videos where it will open up with microsoft instead of Nero?

I thought about removing the nero completly from the computer but then I might lose all the files.

IF it helps,,,I had a lot of the videos and pics long before I installed this nero.And nero converted everything that I had to a nero based product.
    Please help I am pulling my hair out.

I would really hate to lose the videos.

2. Brass Nazi

Brass Nazi NO BRASS FOR U!

Right click on the icon of the file that you want to open. Select open with and choose the program that you want to open them with.

If you un install nero it will not remove the files. Nero is currently selected as the "default" program.

3. blackopsglock

blackopsglock smckma

Ive tried to do that.It will open the file with the new program,,but when I try to save it,,it keeps saving the file as a Nero file.

I cannot get the vidoes I have that I converted to work with REal player or Microsoft if I click them.It will only work in Nero mode.

Is there some way to tell the computer to use Real as my default player for photos and videos?Or should I just delete Nero?

4. blackopsglock

blackopsglock smckma

Ok,I uninstalled Nero and it set my photos back just fine.But it will not open any of the videos.

What can I do now/?????

5. grokdesigns

grokdesigns

6. blackopsglock

blackopsglock smckma

Thanks for the help guys.I got on the phone with a computer nerd I know.He had me load Windows Media player 11 and I was able to play it.

Strangly though I before I did all of this tonight I backed it up on a external drive.Now I cant play it from the external drive.

Ohh well,,All is good.Thanks agian.