• Elvis Costello

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Elvis Presley

Votes: 49 77.8%
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Firm member
29,888 Posts
"My Aim Is True" and "This Year's Model" are monumentally important albums. Costello. HH

·
Patrol Corporal
937 Posts
Are you even kidding?
The King of Rock & Roll!
Elvis A. Presley!

B60F0912-6A96-4C04-80D1-6B14A0AFF6B1.jpeg

·
17,595 Posts
Elvis Presley had about 20 songs that I absolutely loved and still deo today . Elvis Costello had about six and they were all on one album titled, "This year's model" which cam eout in 1978 around teh tie Tom Petty was first starting out.

Petty went on to do tons more great music, while Elvis Costello was a flash in the pan.

I say this with some authority because I've been involved in a life-long learning project at the College of Musical Knowledge starting in 1956 when I bought my first record which was none other than Elvis Presley singing "Teddy Bear" It was the only Elvis Presley record the record store had left that day. They were all sold out of "Hound dog" which was the record I wanted.

·
Horselover Fat
32,870 Posts
Am I vulgar, mama?!

·
Georgia gal
1,142 Posts

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
11,029 Posts
Elvis Presley, but I want Elvis Costello's wife...Diane Krall, man that Elvis is a lucky man.

Reactions: Inyo Tim

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,040 Posts
Costello has 1 song I love.
Presley ......3 came to mind without thinking...then more

Reactions: Inyo Tim

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Say only the name Elvis and everybody knows to whom you reference. For anyone else with that name, the last name must be included.

I grew up in a house where his music was a constant through the years. I remember my mother crying for days when he died. His music fills my home regularly, so at least another generation of my clan will appreciate his legacy.

When I finally made it to Graceland, it was an experience like no other. I hope to visit again one day.

·
17,595 Posts
One of my all time favorite albums is Paul Simon's "Graceland" with Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Linda Ronstadt,The Everley Brothers, Good Rocking Dopsie and the Twisters, and Los Lobos.

When I moved from Los Angeles to Spokane Washington in 1998, I sold off everything I had of value in preparation of starting over in a new city and packed what possessions remained in the back of a 1972 Dodge Ramcharger. The truck had a cassette player but I had only one cassette tape that I was able to afford for the drive up and that was Paul Simon's Graceland on the entire 1200 mile trip.

It made me want to make an actual pilgrimage to graceland took me years to become financially able to make the trip. I also visited Nashville where an old friend from High school lived.

·
FAHRENHEIT
7,166 Posts
Never cared for Elvis.

Big fan of Elvis Costello.

One sang other people's songs and died from drugs. One writes his own songs and is still kicking.

Apples and oranges.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts