Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy of mine sent me these pics. He’s still in touch and good friends with one of Elvis’ bodyguards. Elvis gave these guns to him along with some nice leather. Elvis would keep a gun for a period and then just give it away to friends. I would love to buy one but that will never happen. The owner would never part with anything. It was made clear that was out of the question. I’d love that Commander. Anyways , I thought maybe somebody would find the pics kinda cool. A blast from the past. Elvis was the last to shoot them.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I vaguely remember a movie about Elvis from when I was a kid. As I remember, he shot his television one time. Does anyone remember that? Did it really happen or was it just something thrown in to the movie. If so, what type of gun did he use?

·
Registered
480 Posts
That’s really cool. I just watched the new Elvis movie yesterday. I thought it was really, really well done. I highly recommend seeing it. Especially for those of us of the proper age area to appreciate it to its fullest and remember. And as a musician myself I appreciated the inner depth they took with the musical aspects of it all too.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
That’s really cool. I just watched the new Elvis movie yesterday. I thought it was really, really well done. I highly recommend seeing it. Especially for those of us of the proper age area to appreciate it to its fullest and remember. And as a musician myself I appreciated the inner depth they took with the musical aspects of it all too.
I, too, enjoyed this Elvis movie. I thought that the scene with Little Richard was pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
13,119 Posts
I remember reading that someone had gotten one of his pistols out of the display case at Graceland but they recovered it later in a trash can there... I guess he got nervous and dumped it even though he probably could have made it out of there with it...

·
Registered
808 Posts
I vaguely remember a movie about Elvis from when I was a kid. As I remember, he shot his television one time. Does anyone remember that? Did it really happen or was it just something thrown in to the movie. If so, what type of gun did he use?
Elvis was in his hotel in Las Vegas when he shot the TV, or more specifically, he shot Bob Goulet who was on TV singing. Apparently Elvis couldn't stand Goulet's singing voice...

·
Native Mainiac
33,571 Posts
Elvis was in his hotel in Las Vegas when he shot the TV, or more specifically, he shot Bob Goulet who was on TV singing. Apparently Elvis couldn't stand Goulet's singing voice...

Dang, I always hated him too, My mother would always threaten us kids with slow painful death is we acted up when Goulet was on Ed Sullivan. We weren't scared of her....but Dad was there to enforce things if needed.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As much as I love Elvis , he was reckless with his guns.
One of the toilet‘s upstairs at Graceland kept running so he pulled out his gun and shot it. Of course this caused a huge mess and flood.
He bought a nice Pantera car and that didn’t start one day in the drive so he pumped several rounds in the hood.
His last girlfriend Ginger pissed him off one night. That caused him to go outside and shoot all the tires on her car. A friend of mine was actually there and watched her drive down the drive on flat tires.
One night in Vegas he decided to target shoot at a chandelier in his suite with a .22.
The neighbor’s around Graceland would call the cops on him many times due amount of gunfire. It was country when he bought it but he couldn’t care less if they built around him. Elvis had full police power so it was no problem. A different time for sure. We will never see his kind again.
Revolver Smile Photograph Eyebrow Gesture

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I remember reading that someone had gotten one of his pistols out of the display case at Graceland but they recovered it later in a trash can there... I guess he got nervous and dumped it even though he probably could have made it out of there with it...
I think they had video of the guy stealing it. Like you said , he got cold feet. Couldn’t happen now.
Hat Tree Sun hat Gesture Fedora

·
23,158 Posts
I visited Graceland in 2012 and what blew me away was Elvis's "Shooting Range". You walk down a hall and off to one side is and empty space about 12-15 feet wide and it goes back about 10-12 feet against a dirt backstop. and that was what he had for when he ddn't feel like to going out to the back yard to fire off a few rounds.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts