close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Elementary principals will be able to paddle misbehaving students

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by HerrGlock, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

That's my county and I'm all for it time to tan some behinds kids today are not like when I was in school and we got our arses beat when we got out of line, corporal punishment me thinks some of these miscreants need capitol punishment.......:cool:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013

2. fgutie35

fgutie35

The middle school I work for already does. My School District's policy leaves it as an option for the different campuses. Trust me, parents would rather have their kid swated than have them at home. Of course my principal has the consent of the parent, and they are welcome to be present. There are two witnesses and one of them is usually the campus cop who is a city LE. I have served as a witness when they think the kid might try to do something stupid (for principal's safety), and is weird to see the girls not even flintch, but the boys making a huge drama crying and screaming like little pigs.:supergrin:

3. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

I don't have kids but i don't think I'd want strangers paddling my kid.

But then again maybe it would make them think twice about acting up out of the parents sight.

4. badge315

badge315

How ironic that it is deemed acceptable by some to paddle a child, but if you took that exact same piece of wood and struck an adult with it, they'd be legally justified in shooting you. :upeyes:

With the way that school officials overreact to any trivial violation as of late, I'll be damned if I'd let one lay hands on my kid; I say leave the physical discipline to the parents.

5. BEER

BEER bad example

authority figures with paddles belong in the bedroom, not in schools.

6. NorthCarolinaLiberty

NorthCarolinaLiberty MentalDefective

You mean to tell me that the police's--uh, I mean "school resource officer's"--tazings are not getting the job done?

7. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Silver Member

I don't have kids, but if I did, and someone (besides myself) paddled them... I'd break that someone's neck.

8. teumessian_fox

teumessian_fox

Then parents like you should just keep your kids home.

Incompetent parents dump their brats on the school system for a day. Said parents don't discipline the kids at home, and refuse to allow the schools to maintain order.

That's just one of the many reasons that public education in America is an international joke.

9. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

I'm not a parent, jackwagon. And if i did have kids, you can be sure they'd be disciplined at home.

And if i have the resources when i have kids, they'll be home schooled or in private school. Public schools are a joke.

10. glockrod

glockrod NRA-Endow. Life

I am all for paddling.

I have kids in school and support having their tail lit up if needed.

Your kids may not need it. They may get it at home as needed, BUT the vast majority of kids needing the paddle have absolutely no fear or respect of anything. All this stems from a total lack of discipline.

My wife is a 2nd grade teacher in a mostly minority and very socio-economic deprived area. These kids likely are beaten regularly at home, but never disciplined for behavior at home or at school. Therefore, at school, they know they have a pass for being as disruptive as possible to the learning process for the other 50-90% of kids that actually will behave.

Discipline is based on respect. This respect comes from fear of the punishment which eventually modifies behavior.

My wife's class has kids that have no fear. As a society, how can we possibly expect success(or anything greater than failure)from someone with nothing left to lose and has no respect for anyone or anything.

If you don't like paddling, maybe you should consider the overall effect of not paddling. I will guarantee that public education would be better with paddling.

Even still, allowing paddling is just a start to actually allow kids a chance at a better education. There are so many other factors to be considered - poor quality teachers(we aren't union in my state, but unions seem to breed this problem), teaching to tests and not actually teaching kids, too many kids per teacher, making parents accountable, and I could go on.

11. 6StringGeek

6StringGeek full-time n00b

I got the paddle in HS a few times...needed them. I would thank the principal today if he was still alive.

12. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

can this do this at my local community college? I'd enroll in a heart beat.... As long as the teachers were hawt. :supergrin:

13. badge315

badge315

Perhaps you could produce some evidence to support that assertion. Is corporal punishment utilized in the school systems of countries that exceed the educational achievements of the American scholastic system?

No disagreement there. :wavey:

14. teumessian_fox

teumessian_fox

First, stow the personal insults. You're demonstrating yourself to be too immature to raise kids in the first place.

Second, if children misbehave while at home, then definitely should be disciplined at home. But if they misbehave out of the home, don't expect everybody to turn a blind eye to your little darling's psychosis.

Third, I agree. If you ever have kids (and trust me, we're all hoping you don't), the world at large will thank you for homeschooling them. No sense in spreading the misery.

Finally, yes, public education is a joke. The punch line is that teachers are forbidden from solving the problems. Problem students should be whipped for misbehaving. The law doesn't allow that, so these future convicts can act anyway they choose. Meanwhile, the teacher, school resources, etc, have to spend time and money attending to animals, while promising students are cheated of education.

15. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

No adult state employee can strike my child without my consent. End of story.

They need their ass beaten? Call me. I'll either let you do it or I'll come over and do it or I'll determine that you're wrong.

16. Russ in PA

Russ in PA

I got paddled once in junior high, didn't hurt me any. The principal had a "paddle" that was a cut-down goalie's hockey-stick, if ya can picture that. He could have inflicted some serious pain if he swung it hard...which he didn't at all.

17. teumessian_fox

teumessian_fox

I got into a fistfight with Charlie C in jr high. I won but we got caught and were sent to the principal's office for our (deserved and we knew it) whipping.

In front of the principal's office Charlie sucker punched me just as the principal came around the corner.

I got three relatively mild licks.

The principal literally lifted Charlie off the floor.

We never fought again.

18. bikerdog

bikerdog

I've got mixed feelings on this one. I went to a Catholic school. And the nuns there were allowed to strait up beat you for getting out of line. And they did to me several times. But I am good with that. My issue comes in nowadays. These schools are disciplining kids for playing cowboys and Indians. That ain't the same in my book as what I got in trouble for in school. If the kid is being a brat I am all for tanning his ass. I just don't think I trust the teachers to make that determination anymore.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

19. bikerdog

bikerdog

After just reading through the whole thing a second time. They need to have the parents written consent. And before they paddle the kid they need to call the parent and explain why. Then ask the parent for permission. In that case I think this is great. Because the parent has final say.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire