close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Electronic Earmuffs

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by motojoe, Mar 10, 2010.

1. motojoe

motojoe

I've been thinking about getting a pair, I have a regular non-electronic set but sometimes it's hard hearing other people, buzzers and such..... My question....Do they really work well, Do you like them and what type/brand do you recommend..... Thanks

2. jmsfmtex

jmsfmtex

They work very well. I would recommend them to anyone who goes to the range more than once a year. You can hear everything around you very well. If you do not want to hear people around you then you can turn them down or off.

3. glocknick

glocknick

i have the howard leight(sp?) they work great. you can have a regular conversation with them on just like you would with no hearing protection on. mine also have a v=jack to connect with and mp3 player. they are well worth the money.

4. oldnoob

oldnoob

After all these years, I still use the cheap ear plugs from wal mart. Never like to put ear muff on my ears, they turn red really quick.

5. GreyEclipse

GreyEclipse TheGreyEclipse

If you can find a pair that are comfortable then yes, I recommend them.
    They're pretty sweet. You can raise or lower the volume and that's pretty kool.
    If you raise them up to the highest setting you can hear footsteps in the grass from pretty far away.

6. Dr. J Frame

Dr. J Frame LSWCHP +P

We always used them along with earplugs in competition. The electronic muffs amplify sound a great deal and range commands can be easily heard through the earplugs. But the moment a round is fired you now have both the muffs and the plugs suppressing the sound. It's really a sweet deal.

7. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Why would you be listening to music when shooting a pistol? None of our range safety officers would allow that kind of behavior.

8. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

For the last four years, I've been using MSA Sordins Supreme Pro. At the time, they were the only ones that didn't clip during a shot.

[​IMG]

9. farley45

farley45

I love electronic ear muffs.

I now wear them while I hunt. It is nice because I can hear everything going on around me, talk to the other hunters and what not, and still have my hearing protected with the high powers go off:supergrin:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  10. moeman

moeman

11. TypicallyFrench

TypicallyFrench CLM

I have one that I dont use at the range but for hunting they are verry comfortable and you can really identify where animals are comming from if you buy a recent model.
    The only default is that you won't ear game comming in your back beacause the microphones are directed to the front.

12. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

Have a couple pair of Beretta electronic muffs and love them. They have outboard mounted omni-directional stereo microphones and can pick up sounds such as a truck coming long before I could without them. Nice when out on BLM or NFS land. To demonstrate to others how sensitive they are, when in the house, they can hear the fibers of the carpeting being crushed under foot. Battery life is 400-600 hours.

13. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

I bought a cheap pair off of ebay for about $20.00 and was really surprised as to how well they work. They amplify normal sounds well and really do well at suppressing loud sounds.

I have worn them in the rain and snow at the range and they are now a year old and still going strong.

How big of a difference would I notice with the more expensive versions?

14. dne752

dne752 Mad Catter

I have a cheap pair of Radians. I'm surprised at how well they work. With the earmuffs on I can hear everything around me. When the rounds start flying they are muffled.

15. american lockpicker

american lockpicker License to Il

I've been thinking of getting a pair of Peltor electronic earmuffs to replace my regular ones.

16. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

I have the Pro-Ear Dimension I and I just love them.

17. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I use Peltor - great quality for the money. I have both the 6S slimline ones and the 7S bigger ones. the big 7S are a lot more comfortable if you wear them for 8-10 hours at a time like I do, but cost about twice as much.

18. KDawg0007

KDawg0007

My wife and I use Radians. They are great for being able to hear around you but at an indoor range they do not cancel the reports quite as well as I would like. A set of el cheapo ear plugs are almost a must with them at my indoor range. I think for what I payed I am happy. They are not $300 electronic muffs but do a good job.

19. dne752

dne752 Mad Catter

I bought my Radians at Academy for $60.00. Then I bought a second pair on Amazon for $40.00 :cool:

20. G21FAN

G21FAN Useless loser Millennium Member

Because some people are so hyperactive in their heads that they cannot go 2 seconds without music and not freakout. Sheesh, why you need a soundtrack in your life? You are not in a movie!