Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really would like to try one of the new smokeless electronic cigarettes on the market today, but I know nothing about them. I've read that it is best to buy a brand made in the USA; other than that I know nothing. Please help me choose a brand based on product safety, cost effectiveness, taste, reliability, and ability to refill.

·
Moved on...
10,342 Posts
I'm trying to get the wife to try these.

I'm hearing the ones with ethylene glycol in them may not be the best thing for you. There are others that use natural delivery agents.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I can't point out to any one brand, but all that I've tried (8 or 9) I haven't been impressed with. None of them have the harshness I like, nor a strong enough flavor. Also don't tend to satisfy my nicotine craving. Ive considered the idea numorous times, for motorcycle riding, and when I'm stuck in a count room for hours. Best of luck to you in your search, I've decided to stick with the real thing.

·
Old & Grumpy
9,633 Posts
I tried them, they actually satisfied my craving for nicotine, and tasted alright, but I used menthol in the highest nico level. The problem with the electronic cig, is the atomizer, they go out to fast, and are expensive to replace. If you read reviews, Njoy seems to be the most popular, and reliable.

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
They ought to make them so they zap you like a Taser when you touch it to your mouth, the memory of that will get you to quit pretty fast...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They ought to make them so they zap you like a Taser when you touch it to your mouth, the memory of that will get you to quit pretty fast...
No disrespect, but I'm horribly addicted to cigarettes and want in the worst way to get off of them. I'm looking for a nicotine alternative that will eliminate tar and thousands of additives that cigarette manufacturers have added the keep me addicted; things that are killing me. While I appreciate the humor, I'd like serious replies only please- I'm hoping to meet my grandchildren someday

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
No disrespect, but I'm horribly addicted to cigarettes and want in the worst way to get off of them. I'm looking for a nicotine alternative that will eliminate tar and thousands of additives that cigarette manufacturers have added the keep me addicted; things that are killing me. While I appreciate the humor, I'd like serious replies only please- I'm hoping to meet my grandchildren someday
No disrespect taken, I wish you the best in your effort to quit. I shall egress from your thread and post in it no further.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I appreciate that Doc! I hope to kick my habit so I can be around long enough to get to the gun range with ya someday:cool: I don't want these cigarette manufacturers taking the life of one more Glock Talk member; especially not me. I'm hoping that these electronic cigarettes will give me the nicotine my body craves without killing me. Hopefully, it will be easier for me to incrementally cut down on these than it is for real cigarettes.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Maybe try the patch and the electronic cig? I was chewing a can of copenhagen per day. One can of chew is equal in nicotine to about 60-80 cigarettes. I've been without a dip for 8 days now thanks to nicotine gum. THERE IS HOPE! I wish you the best of luck.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the Smoke 51. Works OK, pretty expensive, battery doesn't last to long. It does have a life time guarantee. Bought it in a mall.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
When you get it figured out, lemme know.I too want to quit smoking.I threw them away and found myself shamelessly going back out and getting another pack within a day.

Ive tried the hyptno,the gum,the patches and even those nasty prescription pills.So far nothing worked.

Maybe someone will come up with a pill that eliminates the nicotine effects on the brain.Thats the key to nicotine addiction.

·
Come 'n Take It
1,252 Posts
I'm trying to get the wife to try these.

I'm hearing the ones with ethylene glycol in them may not be the best thing for you. There are others that use natural delivery agents.
Isn't that radiator fluid? That couln't be good for you.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I appreciate that Doc! I hope to kick my habit so I can be around long enough to get to the gun range with ya someday:cool: I don't want these cigarette manufacturers taking the life of one more Glock Talk member; especially not me. I'm hoping that these electronic cigarettes will give me the nicotine my body craves without killing me. Hopefully, it will be easier for me to incrementally cut down on these than it is for real cigarettes.

I quit by laying out my cigs for the day (10) and cutting off the last 1/4" of each. Did that every day for two weeks. Next two weeks it was 1/2" and so on until i was slowly kicked the habit.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
I just want to wish you the best in your quest to quit. :cool:

·
Master Member
7,562 Posts
I smoke Marlboro Red, which is pretty strong.

The electric cigarette I tried made me cough like I never smoked before. It's a great concept, but I'd like to find a brand that's a little smoother.

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
I read in a health magazine that these electronic cigarettes are worse than the real stuff. Some kind of health hazard.

·
Lean & Mean
15,586 Posts
I can imagine that it's like trying your very first time with the blow up doll.
Yeah I know that You are looking for some serious answers only.
I'm sure that You know the one and true answer already BTW.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can imagine that it's like trying your very first time with the blow up doll.
Yeah I know that You are looking for some serious answers only.
I'm sure that You know the one and true answer already BTW.
Hitting the bottle Nestor? I have no idea WTF you are trying to say... Unlike you, I've never had any experience with blow up doll. What is wrong with you? I'm asking a respectable group of people a very serious question. Idiots like you damage the reputation of us of Glock Talkers... please play your childish games somewhere else!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts