Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here I am at the beginning of the week , thinking of fueling the truck as i'm down to 1/4 of a tank but gas prices in my area had been dropping and as of yesterday oil had dropped by about $5/bbl in 10 days or so.

Then I get up today, find out Egypts going up in smoke and oil had gone up $4/bbl with gas prices sure to follow. I'm sure if the commotion in Egypt leads to the Suez canal closing (or even a hint of it) then things will really get goofy, pricewise.

Guess that classifies as an epic fail on my part, not gassing up on Monday.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Sometimes I wonder that when gas prices go up it means something out there has to be paid for (other than oil). And that is why the government protects the oil companys and the car companys. And disallows the car companys from making super-fuel efficiant vehicles.

·
Registered
32,236 Posts
It doesn't look good. The crowd is chanting "Allah Ahkbar."

Obama better keep a close eye on it or he is going to get the Iranian Revolution Part II.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Precisely what we need, another Islamic "republic." This is going to be a colossal goat grope.

·
Lean & Mean
15,586 Posts
See what happens when we stop giving money to the rest of the world?

They riot and blame us immediately.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Send me some instead, please.
Even poor I wasn't blame You for anything.

·
Firm member
30,192 Posts
See what happens when we stop giving money to the rest of the world?

They riot and blame us immediately.
The streets littered with CS cannisters marked, "Made In The U.S.A." are not helping either. HH

·
Lean & Mean
15,586 Posts
Aren't they essentially rebelling against the dictator that has been in power for 30 years?
Yeah...once in a while it's good to change a dictator.

·
Cajunator®
38,164 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Send me some instead, please.
Even poor I wasn't blame You for anything.
No, but you're Polish, not Egyptian.

Egypt has been a big cash giveaway for the US for a long time.

I've spent a lot of time in Egypt. None in Poland.

·
Banned
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think these people are rioting due to economic conditions, not out of deep seated devotion to Islam (although there are likely a few true believers in the mobs). I always heard that if you were a "devout" Muslim and wanted a weekend away to smoke dope, gamble, drink beer or pick up hookers, Cairo was the place to go.

Doesn't sound culturally like fertile ground for another "Islamic Republic". They are used to hanging out, listening to Ozzy Osbourne and if the crew that follows Mubaruk doesn't improve things, the SHTF starts all over.

·
Cajunator®
38,164 Posts
I think these people are rioting due to economic conditions, not out of deep seated devotion to Islam (although there are likely a few true believers in the mobs). I always heard that if you were a "devout" Muslim and wanted a weekend away to smoke dope, gamble, drink beer or pick up hookers, Cairo was the place to go.

Doesn't sound culturally like fertile ground for another "Islamic Republic". They are used to hanging out, listening to Ozzy Osbourne and if the crew that follows Mubaruk doesn't improve things, the SHTF starts all over.
I have a lot of friends in Egypt.

You want to "live it up", you can do that anywhere in the Arab world. Dubai is the favorite, though.

Cairo is kinda "middlin'".

·
Registered
6,647 Posts
This is not a WTF moment, it's a Sputnik moment, remember?

At least that's how Obama views it.

What Egypt controls is the Suez Canal. Mucho oil goes through that canal. Plug it and the tankers have to go WAY WAY around the tip of South Africa.

Let's Hope there is some Change comming that is good change.

But unlike Bush, Obama has not done anything except talk to Mubarak, at least according to Axelrod. Supposedly he talked to Mubarak for two years about this.

Yea, sure...

Deaf

·
Banned
62,270 Posts
If you're worried about oil prices due to the Egyptian revolution it should bring you great comfort knowing that ZERO drilling rigs are operating in the GOM.

·
9,373 Posts
Sometimes I wonder that when gas prices go up it means something out there has to be paid for (other than oil). And that is why the government protects the oil companys and the car companys. And disallows the car companys from making super-fuel efficiant vehicles.
Sometimes I see post like this, and understand how Obama got elected.

The government "protects" oil companies? Really?

:rofl:

·
Lean & Mean
15,586 Posts
No, but you're Polish, not Egyptian.

Egypt has been a big cash giveaway for the US for a long time.

I've spent a lot of time in Egypt. None in Poland.
Yeah I know.
Since mid 70's I guess.
It turned out quite nicely I would say.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts