EEA Witness how good ?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by gladiator, Feb 4, 2010.

1. gladiator

gladiator

I been thinking on A EEA Witness in 10mm , anyone has one , i would to get some feedback , on one of these pistols ,an customer service how good ?, how well they hold up , ,but i am more consern on finding 10mm ammo,compaired to say 45 acp or 40 cal ., thanks for any info.

2. ArmoryDoc

ArmoryDoc

I don't know about the gun, heard mixed reviews if that gets you anything. The ammo concern is valid. The 10mm is a reloaders caliber unless you can do mail order ammo. Double Tap and Georgia Arms are my sources when I don't reload.

3. RivRat

RivRat

I owned one once. Had ftf/fte's and the gunsmith at EAA had a real attitude. I traded it in on a G19 and I never looked back. I now have a DW PM7 in 10mm and a G20 to satisfy that itch.

4. bac1023

bac1023

I like the CZ design.

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I had bad experience with my TA-90, so I kind of swore off Italian knockoffs ever since.

6. NW-Warlord

NW-Warlord

They had problems with the frames cracking with the 10mm models. I think they fixed the problem with different heat treating and stronger recoil springs. I was considering a Witness Elite in .40 until I found out they have polygonal rifling, deal breaker since I cast lead.

I can highly recommend CZ-75's it is the original to all the other knock offs. I use one as a comp gun, and I love it.

7. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

They are basically a solid pistol in a tried and proven (CZ) format. I had one that was accurate and reliable, but I had a couple of problems with it initially. The stock recoil spring is not up to the hot 10mm. loads. I replaced that with a Wolff 20lb. spring and that took care of the problem. The mag springs were likewise too weak. I experienced FTF issues until I replaced them with +15% springs. No more problem. The rear sight fell out in the dirt while I was shooting. Lucky I found it. A little bit of blue lock tight took care of that issue. After those small tweaks it was a good, reliable pistol.
    Great ergonomics.

8. gladiator

gladiator

thanks friends for yalls help , I may consider the CZ .

9. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

I have a Witness Elite Match chambered in .40 s&w. It's the one I grab when I'm heading out to a steel shoot.