close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Educate Me on Gen 4 Glocks

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by AuProspector, Apr 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. AuProspector

AuProspector

The Gen 4 Glocks have been out for a while and I need some education on their preformances.

I shoot in some high speed, low drag, shooting disciplines with Gen 3's. I was wondering how the Gen 4's match up to the Gen 3's?

I'm thinking a faster recovery time b/c of the dual recoil spring, which would help with the "control pairs, double-triple taps", or whatever you want to call them.

Are the triggers the same as the Gen 3's? Also, are there any "fly's" on the Gen 4 for the higher pressure rounds in .40/.357/GAP that I haven't mentioned?

Thank you for your help.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  2. Eagle1

Eagle1 Oh glockaholic!

have you tried the "search" key? there are tons of threads about the gen4 guns on here. I have a 17 & 19 gen4 and they have been perfect so far, both have just over 400 rnds thru them now.

3. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

This + 1. :wavey:

4. Bruce M

Bruce M

No one in any of your high speed low drag shooting disciplines has yet tried a Gen4? Just curious as the Gen4's seem to be used in some of the competitive games.

5. Birddog9

Birddog9 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The first rule about Gen 4 club is you never talk about Gen 4 club.....:supergrin:

6. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

What Gen 4 club? :whistling:

7. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

Don't get discouraged by people telling you to search. Not that we don't want to answer, its just that already pretty much anything you'd need to know about Gen 4s HAS been. Great guns, I carry my Gen 4 19, never had a problem. Feeds well, accurate as sin, I'm in love with it. Be on the lookout for brass to the face though, its not an uncommon problem to have ejection pattern problems.

8. RowdyatHeart

RowdyatHeart

Gen. 4's are total failures. They will soon be discontinued and they will be replaced by the Glock Gen. 4.1.

9. RowdyatHeart

RowdyatHeart

I like mine----shorter reach to the trigger, better trigger, 10 to 15 percent less perceived recoil with the . 40 S&W round, great fit and finish---love the grip surface. Some are having issues and they seem to be prevalent with the 19. The 28296 ejector and 30274 recoil spring assembly are the latest and most current versions for the Glock 22. To me, the G4 22 shoots and feels better than my G3 23. Prior to the Gen. 4, I would always choose the 23 over the 22.

10. bam1131

bam1131

There should be a sarcasm button on here.

The only glock I've owned so far is a 17 gen4. I've shot the gen 3s and I still feel i've made the right choice. I have friends who own g3s and have shot my gen4 and swear that my slide seems "smoother" with a more gentle recoil allowing for better re-acquisition of the target. That's just their opinion but yours or others may vary. I can tell you for certain I am very happy with my gen4 and will purchasing another in May :supergrin:

11. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

Teehee :rofl:

12. sentian

sentian

i tried my friend's gen 3 glock 17 a few weeks before i bought my gen 4. I can honestly say that the gen 4 feels better to me than the gen 3. It could just be the grip differences but the recoil feels better to me too. This means better performance to me.

BTW my buddy who owns the gen 3 shot my gen 4 but he doesn't think there is a noticeable difference. I think he was jealous rofl.

13. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Do I need to know the password to get by the bouncer or is there a secret handshake. :supergrin:

:50cal:

14. Birddog9

Birddog9 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nah, just gotta know all the current RSA's,ejectors,extractor's, and connectors for the gen 4 9mm. And the brass to face ratio. :banana:

15. kents

kents

Just finished my 3rd day at the range with my G4 19.

No failures or malfunctions of any kind with roughly 500 rounds on the scoreboard.

It is a current production model and fully trustworthy, imo.

16. 125K9

125K9

I am literally amazed at all of the high-powered technical jabbering that's going on here! And here I thought that, "high speed, low drag" was related to the current Secret Service fiasco in Latin America.:dunno:

17. tt350z

tt350z

I'd say the Gen 4's issues are worked out.

I have an earlier G17 Gen 4 that had FTE issues. It's an open gun now wearing Gen 3 recoil rod w/ 11 lb spring, edge trigger w/ 30274 ejector. Had some weak ejections but that was expected with a comp and slide ride optics with no slide lightening. Slide is off getting milled so slide speed should increase with reduced weight.

I also purchased a second G17 Gen 4 but a more recent one with all the new parts and it worked fine with no issues.