Glock Talk banner

Edge trigger system question

786 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  gunsmoke92
I'm in the market for a new trigger system for my 19. My main goal is to shorten the amount of pre travel and have a shorter reset than stock. The Edge trigger system would fix both of those problems for me.

The Edge kit comes with Wolff reduced power firing pin springs at 4 and 4.5lb. And s Wolff reduced power firing pin safety spring. The site claims that with the 4lb firing spring the trigger pull weight will be around the 3lb mark, increase the spring weight and the trigger pull weight will also then increase.

My current set up in the 19 is a smooth faced trigger/trigger bar and (-) connector. With my scale the trigger pull weight averages 4.5lbs.

In theory, if I used the OEM firing pin spring and firing pin safety spring with the rest of the Edge trigger system in place of the wolf reduced springs the resulting trigger pull should still be around the 4.5lb mark?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Smoother but not lighter.
I would recommend the DK Custom Trigger for your needs.
Basically, that's what I'm trying to achieve. A smoother than stock trigger pull, with less pre travel and a shorter reset.

The gun is used for EDC and IDPA, however I don't view IDPA as a game. I use what I carry, G19, IWB holster, and IWB mag pouches. Therefore I'd like to keep the trigger pull weight around the 4.5lb mark as I see that being fine for EDC. Having the option to change out springs to experiment with a lighter trigger pull certainly will be a nice add on. But in reality I doubt I'd do much shooting with them as long as this gun is my EDC.

· Registered
3,937 Posts
The Edge is very good, but I'd leave the springs alone. I'm running the Edge in my 30, and the feel is far smoother than most, to the point that trigger pull feels lighter. Ghost will tell you the lighter springs will give you a lighter trigger pull, however, they may cause light primer strikes. If you go with the Edge, it may need some tweaking. Call Oliver at Ghost and he can talk you through adjustments, if needed.

Good Luck and good shooting. :supergrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.