EDC - Recommend Gentlemen's Knive

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by lamelogin, Feb 25, 2020.

1. porschedog

porschedog

Join NRA and get a free knife. It’s actually pretty nice.

2. azbuckeye

azbuckeye

Agree 100%. A stockman is just a great choice for pocket carry. Picked up a Chinese made Rough Rider Whittling knife last Summer from Amazon and have to say it's a great knife for the money. Holds an edge and is easily sharpened when needed.

Kentguy likes this.

3. txwrangler

txwrangler

Case makes some good knives... I have a few laying around my shop and I was always a spyderco fan... BUT I happen to know a guy on this forum that makes some very NICE gentleman knives if you're ever in the market for a custom one!! they're not cheap, but they're handmade heirloom quality that you would be proud to pass down to your kids! Just a thought!haha[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Stillhuntn and ranger1968 like this.
  4. Desert Kraut

Desert Kraut

I use mine to cut string, apples, open boxes. I also carry a Gerber folder and a CRKT fixed blade.

5. Cap’n Flamingo

Cap’n Flamingo

Not really sure I’d call the Leek all that intimidating. Maybe you need a knife with a soothing name like Delilah. IMG_3003.JPG IMG_3005.JPG

Kentguy likes this.
  6. Liquid

Liquid

I'll second the Mnandi. I wear a suit and carry it clipped in the jacket pocket. The Mnandi also can be had in a few versions of Damascus which in my opinion would up the gentleman appeal. If price isn't a concern you could look into the mammoth ivory. I regret not adding one to the collection before.

7. agarr

agarr

Chris Reeve small Sebenza is my EDC of late. LH model. Very nice knife.

8. Edge

Edge Millennium Member

Really depends on budget. I like my William Henry T12 carbon fiber. Almost got a Lancet too. Wish i had as prices have increased. Both very light and non threatening. Wouldn't be first choice in tactical knife; but has served well in office environment. Also like the Chris Reeves sebenza and mnandi; but Scott Cook Loscha appesls to me big time too. Almost bought one before price jumped. Wish i had.

9. NMPOPS

NMPOPS

Funny there are literally hundreds om members of the Swiss Army Knights forum that would disagree with your assessment of the SAK. It makes a fine EDC and it will take a razor sharp edge and hold it as well as a Case or similar knife. Plus it is a knife that will not raise an eyebrow just about anywhere in the world.

10. Tuner Sandwich

Tuner Sandwich

Case Peanut for gentleman's knife. And some Gerber I literally found for a larger locking blade.

I also carry a Klein Tools 10-Fold 10-in-1 folding screwdriver for work.

11. powernoodle

powernoodle

It is early Spring, and you are at a social gathering on the veranda of a Victorian mansion situated on 700 acres just outside of Charleston, SC. A cool spring breeze is bringing the smell of ribs from the grill. An intoxicating aroma of charcoal and sizzling meat.

The estate's owner, a very attractive young widow who recently inherited a shipping fortune of almost $800M, is clearly captivated by your charm and good humor. She approaches, accompanied by her twin sister who has returned just this morning from boarding school in Switzerland. After a shy giggle and a bit of conversation, the young widow flings her long, brown hair away from her face and asks if you might slice a lime for her Gin and Tonic. As she does so, you sense the slightest whiff of her scent, which is quickly replaced by that of the grill. You find yourself suddenly hungry, though for what you know not.

You:

a) remove your Spyderco Camo Military with black blade from your pocket, and it snaps open with a satisfying clunk. The young widow retracts in fear and drop her Gin and Tonic. Her security personnel wrestle you to the ground and remove you from the estate; or,

b) you casually remove a small, finely crafted folder hand-made of exquisite and costly materials. You expertly slice the lime with its razor edge, and place a slice in the widow's drink. As you do so, your hand casually touches hers, precipitating her to blush. But the blush is accompanied by an unblinking stare into your own eyes, and you see her pupils dilate ever so slightly. After an embarrassed pause, she asks if you might accompany her and her sister on a private walking tour of the riding stables. You accept, and begin your stroll as the sun begins to set behind the adjacent hills.

If your answer is b), you were carrying the right gentleman's folder.

Edge and Tuner Sandwich like this.
  12. Tuner Sandwich

Tuner Sandwich

13. I am Groot!

I am Groot!

Nailed it Mister Powernoodle!!

14. Kentguy

Kentguy

A fellow knife-guy recommended this knife to me so I picked one up, and have been carrying this around in my pocket for about 3 weeks now.

https://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-Epis...+Lock+(2131)+by+Kershaw&qid=1587459298&sr=8-3

It is a Kershaw knife, inexpensive, nice finish, thin, sits deep in the pocket, and very sharp! For light duty and in the category of a "Gentleman’s knife” I think it fits as good as most others. I'd recommend it.

15. MFC4

MFC4 Civil Liberties Matter

Benchmade Proper or Spyderco Dragonfly.

16. txwrangler

txwrangler

I need to hire you as a salesman...lol that was awesome!haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

17. perado

perado Sunburnt baldy

I'll second that.
    Now, where can I get one of those?