Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its amazing how much of a difference a good edc gun belt makes It really is, I carry appendix style and I run glock 19 mos with a Trijicon rmr, 147 grain gold dots so it not exactly the lightest setup, I finally bought a double layer nylon blue alpha gear belt about a year ago and I could instantly tell a big difference,it displaced the weight much better and it didn't print nearly as much,for all you guys with just a run of the mill belt do yourself a favor and buy a edc belt you won't regret it

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
I agree. I have a stormrider gear belt, bought when I started carrying AIWB. Right now it's carrying my G33 w/ 125gr Underwoods in a Trex Arms sidecar holster. Just ordered the same holster for my G29 which I intend to make my new EDC. It just shipped and I'm very excited.

I am going to order some 180 and 200gr HP's from Underwood for the 10MM and try them back to back to see which I prefer. the 180's shoot like a dream in my G20. I am also getting some 200gr Cast to try out for woods/hiking/fishing carry

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Amen! I bought a CrossBreed Classic gunbelt about 3-4 months ago. What a huge difference! I typically use a belt clip holster with a G27, and 2x15 rnd G22 mags in my weak side rear pocket. Even if these are not on the belt, there is still a better distribution of the weight rather than pulling and sagging my pants. I was shocked at the improvement in comfort. Money well spent :drunk:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I use a big foot leather with a steel liner. Carry anything from a 1911 to a Glock 17. Belt never slips or bends.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Yup, belt makes a big difference, especially when you're carrying larger/heavier firearms, and IWB. Balancing a G20 or Canik TP9-SFx with 2 or 4 magazines on the other hip doesn't work very well without a reinforced belt, especially now that my body is turning more pear shaped than it used to be.
Without the reinforced belt it's possible, but the belts stretch pretty quickly and my back starts to hurt from it being so tight.

Edit: Probably doesn't help that I typically have anywhere from 2-6lbs of stuff in my pockets as well.

·
Registered
27,992 Posts
I think a belt is probably more important than the holster, but for whatever reason it is often overlooked. I've used some cheap holsters on quality belts and had no problems. Maybe not the best scenario, but perfectly serviceable. I've used a high quality holster on what turned out to be a cheap belt.. and it was terrible.

·
Florist
20,589 Posts
I agree with quality belts. Also, I prefer leather (horse hide over cow hide) and always customize the belts a bit by switching out the standard buckles with something a little more elegant.

Reactions: IndyGunFreak

·
SAF
10,614 Posts
The heaviest pistol I carry is a G36 and have a couple dedicated belts for that but I've switched to mostly carrying a Sig P938. It's light, slim and doesn't mess up my sensitive back by having a brick on one side. I virtually always carry it OWB and simply pulling a tee shirt over it is all I need for concealment in summer. It also hides well IWB in a Comp-Tac when I need to tuck a shirt over it. With a spare mag I have 14 rounds and if I'm in s#*t that deep, I should be carrying a rifle. I live in Mayberry and feel no need to be armed to the teeth.

·
Registered
27,992 Posts
I like the Wilderness Instructor belts, the Beltman belts and my new favorite is the Armour Belt.

Very well made, and reasonable price considering the quality and good service.

https://www.armourbelts.com
I'm a big fan of leather... My every day carry for my Glock 23, is a High Noon Slide Guard and mag carrier, and a Beltman belt. I honestly couldn't be happier w/ this setup and I've used it for years. The only time I don't care for this setup, is when I'm camping, fishing, or otherwise involved in activities where my gear might get wet, really dirty, etc. In those instances, I have a Wilderness Instructor, a Sidearmor Modular OWB, and mag carrier. This was my first "real" carry setup, and while I greatly prefer leather nowadays.. I love this setup. The holster and mag carrier are easy to clean with soap and water. The Wilderness has held up well to getting soaked a few times in the rain, dirty, etc. The velcro needs replaced, but I have enough just enough slack that it runs through one of my belt loops and stays in place so I've not worried about it.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Fundamentally, a tactical belt is any belt constructed with durable webbing and sold to some part of the gun community. In the initial setting, this type of belt would be included in an individual’s combat uniform. You can add or remove different bits of gear for various mission purposes, including handcuffs and radio.

·
Millenium #3936
6,590 Posts
I am going going to wear a belt that is the equivalent of a steel barrel hoop. I have never had any sort of problem with a regular leather work belt. When I say work belt, I simply mean that its not a dress belt and usually of a thicker/wider leather. My last few belts have come from tractor supply. They are usually good for several years.

Reactions: mongo356

·
Man, I'm Pretty
30,969 Posts
I have come to prefer leather belts.

I buy the 2 ply leather CCW belts from Midwayusa.com .

They run about $50 or about $40 when they are on sale.

Now that I am losing weight I will probably end up with several more...hopefully.

Highly recommended.

Regards,
Happyguy

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I think I prefer leather belts as well. I have an old two-thickness leather belt from Davis leather from 30 years ago that I wish still fit me. If I lose another 20 pounds, maybe. For the last week I've been testing a Groovelife Belt. It features a magnetic buckle and has some elasticity. I haven't quite decided on how well it works for EDC. I wore it today when I used an OWB holster at 2:00 and everything was really comfortable. IWB the jury is still out for me as I'm not sure I like or dislike the elasticity. I suppose it's good that it can breathe abit in different positions. The next belt I'm thinking about trying is a Nexbelt that is a rachet style belt that can be adjusted on the fly. But then again... there's leather. I'm in love with leather for just about everything.

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
I like Crossbreed also. The difference between a plain leather belt and a Crossbreed is night and day. OWB with a Colt '70 or a CZ 97b is actually comfortable. With a CZ Compact you hardly know it's there.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,571 Posts
I've become a very big fan of the Kore Essential CCW belt. Having used good, solid leather belts prior I can say there is a profound difference in favor of the steel reinforced belts. The idea that it's like a 'steel barrel loop' is inaccurate. I find they are actually more comfortable for all day wear. A big advantage is the ability to loosen/tighten in 1/4 inch increments on the track rather than from hole to hole.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts