Ruger EC9S (LC9) for $219 at Brownells

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Newhaven308, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Newhaven308

Newhaven308

Hard to believe they are producing these in the U.S. and can afford to sell them at this price.
    I traded in an LC9 with the original long pull double action trigger that really sucked for one of these. The trigger on the striker fired LC9 / EC9 is really sweet.
    Still on the hunt for the Sig p365 though.

CBennett and Deputydave like this.
  2. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

I figure at some point in the not distant future they may be under $200. Good gun and a great price.

I have an LC9 and an LC9s. The LC9s is the wife's gun and I use the LC9. I was raised up with DA revolvers so to me the LC9 has a great trigger (compared to the revolvers I started my career with).

Either way (EC9s or LC9) it's a great choice that won't break the bank. And if you look around you can get magazines for under $20 (factory).

Newhaven308 likes this.

3. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

Been looking at replacing my original LC9 with the S model but I really don't mind the double action trigger on my LC9. At least not enough to lose money on it to upgrade to the LC9s. Now that EC9s are so cheap I may go that route.

4. CajunBass

CajunBass

I like them. I've got the LC9s, and my LCP is the "plain" one. Both good gun.

5. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

And not a bad looking gun either. I always kind of thought Ruger should have come out with a double stack 9mm that looked like the LC9s and was mid sized. I actually prefer my Kel Tec P11 to the LC9 which is only fractionaly larger but has more capacity. I think Ruger dropped the ball on that one. Although the P11 may have been protected by patents unlike the P9 and 3AT which Ruger stole.

CBennett likes this.
  6. CBennett

CBennett

Wow at that price i did want a Sig365 but thats a REAL good price.

7. gregory11

gregory11

I bought a lc9s about a year ago. I've shot it a lot(dont keep track of rounds) but a lot. having a range at work I'm able to shoot almost every day if its not too crappy outside. Its a fun gun to shoot to the point I just about quit shooting my G19. I bought an EC9s a few weeks ago. The EC9s is pretty much the same gun except for the machined in sights which are all black serrated. I used a very fine drill bit to make two concave depressions in the rear sight and a larger bit to make a depression in the front sight which i simply filled with white paint . The 3 dots make it pretty much an lc9s. I was seriously considering a sig p365 but the lc9s/ec9s is a lot cheaper and appears to be thinner at the grip. Ec9s is almost $300 cheaper and there is a 9 rnd factory mag available. Easy decision and no wait.

Newhaven308 and happie2shoot like this.
  8. 175

That’s interesting. Any info on the dimensions with the 9 round mag compared to the Glock 43 with the standard 6 round mag. I’d be happy with the Ruger and 9.

9. gregory11

gregory11

I don't know.. I dont have a 43 to compare. I looked at a 43 once in the store and the overall length was greater than the lc9s . The lc9s/Ec9s is at the upper limit for a pocket gun so I ruled the 43 out with its longer overall length.
    The price of the 43 was a deterrent also. The ruger comes with one 7 rnd mag .

10. John_AZ

John_AZ

Does the EC9 have the magazine disconnect? Are they still going to be making the LC9s?

11. gregory11

gregory11

Yes it does have the magazine disconnect. I don't know if the lc9s is discontinued.

12. healing

healing

I paid 200 for my ec9. I figured for that price I could use it as a drop gun.

13. bac1023

bac1023

If you like it, it seems like a nice deal.