eBay - Glock Parts

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GotGlk10mm, Aug 1, 2007.

1. GotGlk10mm

GotGlk10mm

The following post is very concerning!

Hello everyone…In mid-August, we will be updating our Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy to place more restrictions around gun-related items. Once these changes take effect, we will prohibit listings of any firearm part that is required for the firing of a gun. This includes items like bullet tips, brass casings and shells, barrels, slides, cylinders, magazines, firing pins, trigger assemblies, etc. Please read the Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy for more details on our current policy.

As you may know, eBay does not allow the listing of any items which are regulated by individual states or the federal government; however, there are still a large number of firearm-related parts that are legal and are widely available in retail stores. These items have also historically been allowed on eBay.

After learning that some items purchased on eBay may have been used in the tragedy at Virginia Tech in April 2007, we felt that revisiting our policies was not only necessary, but the right thing to do. After much consideration, the Trust & Safety policy team – along with our executive leaders at eBay Inc. – have made the decision to further restrict more of these items than federal and state regulations require.

This new update continues to encourage safety among our community members and brings our policies in the U.S. and Canada in closer alignment with our existing policies in other markets around the globe.

Sincerely,

Matt Halprin
    Vice President, Trust & Safety

2. GotGlk10mm

GotGlk10mm

OK, What if this guy bought a tire for his car that he drove to the campus as well as a new shirt and Ipod?

Do we start banning everything?

What if he bought a hunting knife?

Once again Guns and gun parts are being singled out.

What if someone buys a car on ebay and drives drunk and kills someone? Do we ban car sales?

What if someone reads the new ebay policy and goes crazy and kills someone? Do we ban ebay management?

OK, I would like that ban. I'm done with ebay!

https://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=735326&perpage=25&highlight=&pagenumber=1

3. saxon

saxon Alpine Arms CEO

Give me a break Ebay, you suck. Did the gun fire itself? No it was a nut with a gun. I hope you lose all support from firearms owners.

4. Black Ice

Black Ice Funky White Boy

...Flee-Bay has always "SUCKED"..:puking:

5. glockman513

glockman513 CCW Instructor

Lousy. Just effin Lousy. Ebay has their stuff mixed up. Has anyone else noticed that if you do a search just with the word "glock", that "real 9mm gun" comes up as a related search, and it has been this way for a long time before v-tech? I'm guessing that some people went to ebay to find out what a "glock" was, and saw "real 9mm gun" and freaked out over it, thinking anyone can buy a "real 9mm". So lets ban all gun related parts, even though you could not actually purchase a fully functional firearm on ebay anyways. It still amazes me how some people freak out when they hear just the word gun.

6. Seventhflt

Seventhflt Millennium Member

I'm finished with Ebay and Paypal! What a bunch of liberal Commie pukes!!!

7th

7. Glock Dave

Glock Dave

As I posted in the non-glock forum, whether we like ebay or not, we should all write a letter to voice our displeasure. Here is the address.

eBay Inc.
    2145 Hamilton Avenue
    San Jose, California 95125

8. bloodhound

bloodhound

I quit using PayPal a year ago...there gun policy is sporadic...I have talk to folks that use it to buy guns, and others who get nasty e-mails for using them to buy brass...So I don't use PayPal...but I have used E-bay to buy gun stocks, barrels, brass, parts, and lots of other stuff...I guess I will be going elsewhere...

So "IT" doesn't include any firearm related items...its their business, but it should cost them, and it has...at least my business.

9. GLOCKENNBOOMER

GLOCKENNBOOMER Blue Kool-Aid

Yes, EBAY does suck. I hate it when you type in a search for maybe "AR-15" or "Ak-47" and all the Airsoft stuff pops up.

10. soundwave

soundwave

Yeah, I'm done with eBay.

11. slewfoot

slewfoot Random Mayhem

Ebay can take a flying leap.

12. jtk

jtk

better get my advanced arms conversion kit quick...they have em for cheap!

13. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan