1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I bought one.....
The only barrel that will fit is a Lone Wolf SS barrel.
I won't get another one. Swenson has one for the same price and Brownells sells a slide too.
Bought the Brownells slide or bought the Ebay slide?

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
The Ebay....
If it doesn't perform as advertised, you do know that eBay will pretty much force the seller to give you a refund, and even pay for return shipping, right?
Unless you started "messing" with it, filing, spray-painting, milling clown faces in the slide flats, etc...

·
Registered
121 Posts
He won't know if it works until he installs parts, that's a gamble with the seller, where as Brownells will take care of you. Just a thought. I have a Brownells slide and it works with LoneWolf barrel, Faxon barrel and Glock barrel. Just my .02. In the end, it's your money and your build but I'd recommend the Brownells, especially at the sub $200 range.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just my .02, but Brownells has slides for the G19 for jsut about the same price, we're talking a couple dollars difference. Front AND Rear serrations and best of all? Their return policy and warranty. Just my .02 but I'd look at the Brownells slide instead.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/slide-parts/slides/slide-for-gen3-glock-9mm-prod109622.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=brownells

I just wish the front serrations weren’t on top of the slide. Otherwise I would heavily consider one.

The Polymer80 slide is the one I would really like, but I’m not paying almost $400 for a stripped slide. Why they charge that high of a price is beyond me...you can buy a brand new, complete Glock Gen 3 slide for $400...

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree about the price on the P80 slide have you considered LoneWolf? They have an OEM patterned slide at $200. Plus many other iterations not much more expensive. Just a thought.
Yes, I am considering a LW Alpha as well, but in my mind I am always coming back around to thinking that I will just go with a complete OEM Glock slide when price/time involved are assessed.

However, your suggestion about the Brownells slide like your with the cutout in top is very nice looking. I really like it, but upon initial thought getting into one of these P80s was that I did not want a slide that had any sort of cutouts...easy access for dirt and other debris to easily get inside...

·
Registered
121 Posts
I can understand that, etc. There's a good review of NutnFancy running a G34 (OEM slide has the cut out) and he runs it pretty hard. I figure if Glock can put a cut out on top of their own slide, it must be ok! Of course if you roll around in the dirt and gravel with it, you may get a rock or two, but most folks don't train that way with all or any of their pistols. Just my .02. On top of that, if you're anything like me, my EDC is always with me and I clean it, wipe it, baby it, adore it, excessively. There's not much real chance of it getting any boulders or other debris in it honestly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought a complete upper for my Poly 80 V2 build from these guys. Fast shipping. Smooth transaction. Excellent quality. I don't know if you have a barrel already, but if you don't check out their complete uppers. My slide was all 416 stainless US made. Serrations front and rear. Ported US made barrel. Upper parts kit. $405 shipped. I would buy from them again. No problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also snagged one of the eBay ones. Shipping was super fast. I even received it on a Sunday, ha. It all fits and works just fine. No performance issues at all. The only thing I don't like is the serrations. Gave me a blister after the build was finished and I was checking everything out. Feels like its going to rip my skin just from racking a round.

I wanted the Polymer80 slide. I think it looks fantastic but I didn't want to pay full price for it. So I waited. I did find it on risengunworks.com for $50 less than everyone else and they do offer LEO/Military discounts of 15%. So I had to snag one when it was damn near $100 less than everyone else.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.