close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

eBay Glock 19 slides

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by fistagon, Jan 6, 2018.

1. fistagon

fistagon

2. cciman

cciman

better to buy a complete Glock slide.

3. twr3cks

twr3cks

4. Superzuki

Superzuki

I bought one.....
    The only barrel that will fit is a Lone Wolf SS barrel.
    I won't get another one. Swenson has one for the same price and Brownells sells a slide too.

5. fusegsp

fusegsp

I have one of the Brownells slides that's cut for an RMR. No issues. Good machining, nice finish, and it's ran great.

6. mtstream

mtstream

Bought the Brownells slide or bought the Ebay slide?

7. Superzuki

Superzuki

The Ebay....

8. OMCHamlin

OMCHamlin

If it doesn't perform as advertised, you do know that eBay will pretty much force the seller to give you a refund, and even pay for return shipping, right?
    Unless you started "messing" with it, filing, spray-painting, milling clown faces in the slide flats, etc...

9. twr3cks

twr3cks

He won't know if it works until he installs parts, that's a gamble with the seller, where as Brownells will take care of you. Just a thought. I have a Brownells slide and it works with LoneWolf barrel, Faxon barrel and Glock barrel. Just my .02. In the end, it's your money and your build but I'd recommend the Brownells, especially at the sub $200 range.

10. Superzuki

Superzuki

I fitted it, it isn't a problem.
    I'll never buy another from Ebay though.
    It's also Tefloned, matte black.

11. twr3cks

twr3cks

Thanks for sharing that. Can you share the reason you will never buy one from eBay again? May help the OP.

12. fistagon

fistagon

I just wish the front serrations weren’t on top of the slide. Otherwise I would heavily consider one.

The Polymer80 slide is the one I would really like, but I’m not paying almost $400 for a stripped slide. Why they charge that high of a price is beyond me...you can buy a brand new, complete Glock Gen 3 slide for $400...

13. twr3cks

twr3cks

fistagon likes this.
  14. twr3cks

twr3cks

I agree about the price on the P80 slide have you considered LoneWolf? They have an OEM patterned slide at $200. Plus many other iterations not much more expensive. Just a thought.

15. fistagon

fistagon

Yes, I am considering a LW Alpha as well, but in my mind I am always coming back around to thinking that I will just go with a complete OEM Glock slide when price/time involved are assessed.

However, your suggestion about the Brownells slide like your with the cutout in top is very nice looking. I really like it, but upon initial thought getting into one of these P80s was that I did not want a slide that had any sort of cutouts...easy access for dirt and other debris to easily get inside...

16. twr3cks

twr3cks

I can understand that, etc. There's a good review of NutnFancy running a G34 (OEM slide has the cut out) and he runs it pretty hard. I figure if Glock can put a cut out on top of their own slide, it must be ok! Of course if you roll around in the dirt and gravel with it, you may get a rock or two, but most folks don't train that way with all or any of their pistols. Just my .02. On top of that, if you're anything like me, my EDC is always with me and I clean it, wipe it, baby it, adore it, excessively. There's not much real chance of it getting any boulders or other debris in it honestly.

17. Robert Funk

Robert Funk

I bought a complete upper for my Poly 80 V2 build from these guys. Fast shipping. Smooth transaction. Excellent quality. I don't know if you have a barrel already, but if you don't check out their complete uppers. My slide was all 416 stainless US made. Serrations front and rear. Ported US made barrel. Upper parts kit. $405 shipped. I would buy from them again. No problem.

18. fistagon

fistagon

I want ahead a bought a brand new complete OEM Glock slide w/ brand new Trijicon HD NS. At $400 I couldn’t pass it up.

I think I may try that Brownell’s top cut slide next build.

glock-fan likes this.
  19. glock-fan

glock-fan

awesome deal !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk