Ebay Burned Me So Badly!

Discussion in 'HobbyTime' started by Silas.soule, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Silas.soule

Silas.soule

I'm done with feebay. 13% of your sale goes to ebay and the company it owns known as Pay Pal. Seller protection? Let me tell ya . .

If a buyer does not pay, you can alert ebay by reporting a non-payer. Once you do, you cannot leave negative feedback. That's right, you cannot leave negative feedback on people who don't pay.

I had over 100 transactions and a perfect 100% rating. Usually, I shipped the item immediately and all buyers paid within a day or two. I figured with seller protection, I was covered if they didn't pay. Wouldn't they want to protect their ratings? Importantly, if they DO pay, it doesn't meanmuch, as they can do a chargeback with Pay Pal. Yes. Some sellers ship the merchandise, get paid, and then the buyer tells Pay Pal some story and gets their payment back. You are out the item and money. Plus, shipping costs.

Ebay just told me that my having shipped the item before payment NEGATES their protection. I'm out of luck. Funny how they don't warn you this is how it is.

Ebay customer service? Sounds Phillipino. If you request a callback so you're not holding while they go find an answer, you may never hear from them again.

I can't even close my account until they spend 2 more days sitting on this matter they don't truy give a hoot about, AND until I pay a $2 FEE for getting ripped off.

Pleae, save yourself a headache. Check out the alternatives to Feebay. If you google alternatives to ebay, a lot come up.
    "Bluejay"
    "Bonanza"
    "Ebid"
    "Amazon Marketplace"
    "Goodwill"
    "Newegg"
    "Etsy"

No more ebay!

2. handloader109

handloader109

I only BUY on eBay anymore. Sellers lose several ways, and there are too many fees. I feel your pain.

3. rhikdavis

rhikdavis U.S. Veteran

Your mileage may vary.

4. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

Why would you ship an item before you get paid?

Cubdriver and JimBianchi like this.