Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess laughing is racist now. Or something.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/lo...y-ice-pdx-protesters-owners-say/283-576480995

"It started with one day that really started this all off where one of the main antagonizer over there was obviously bored, and my daughter was talking with a customer and laughing and joking," said Scott Hakes. "The antagonizer screams out, gets on the blow horn and starts screaming that out that my daughter is laughing at them, trying to make a mockery of them, everything that they believe in, and boom. Away it went. We were on the number one hit list from that point on."

Scott Hakes said some of the protesters told his daughter they would hurt her. He said the threats got worse after his daughter sold food to a DHS officer.
It gets better.....

The cart, located at 0651 SW Bancroft St., is owned by the nonprofit homeless outreach organization, Operation Off The Grid, according to its Facebook page, and helps pay for food, clothing and hygiene products for the homeless.
Unbelievable. The very people whom you SHOULD be supporting, you're condemning over some kind of made-up conspiracy.

These people are lower than pond scum. The only redeeming thing about Portland is the Trail Blazers and no sales tax. That's it.

·
Mentally Frozen
27,282 Posts
I have a very good buddy that lives in Portland and he told me the other day he has to get out of there because its getting crazy. Says he want to retire in Bend, OR a really nice and more conservative place.

Reactions: Jade Falcon

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a very good buddy that lives in Portland and he told me the other day he has to get out of there because its getting crazy. Says he want to retire in Bend, OR a really nice and more conservative place.
Vancouver may be going that way too. I'm trying to get out to cheaper places sometime within the next 2 years. I'm looking at Eastern Oregon or Washington, but preferably Idaho or Western Montana.

·
Mentally Frozen
27,282 Posts
Vancouver may be going that way too. I'm trying to get out to cheaper places sometime within the next 2 years. I'm looking at Eastern Oregon or Washington, but preferably Idaho or Western Montana.
Vancouver and Portlands only difference is the zip and area code.

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vancouver and Portlands only difference is the zip and area code.
Eh, no so much. Clark County is a Republican County, with very good Republican representation. Just across the river though.....completely different world.

·
****** Viejo
29,242 Posts
Where the hell are police to deal with this terrorist group?
Mayor Ted Wheeler said it's not the City PD that should deal with this but the Feds own it. Lefty libs at it again.tom. SMH.

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mayor Ted Wheeler said it's not the City PD that should deal with this but the Feds own it. Lefty libs at it again.tom. SMH.
He's specifically told the local PD not to interfere.

Sounds like a good argument for self-defense, if you ask me.

·
Mentally Frozen
27,282 Posts
Eh, no so much. Clark County is a Republican County, with very good Republican representation. Just across the river though.....completely different world.
Did not know that. I assumed the proximity of the two was a dead giveaway. I was wwrrroonggg.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Just following the "Keep Portland Weird" mantra. Portland has a lot going for it, but it's being destroyed by bad policies like most large cities on both coasts. There seems to be a constant occupy presence of some sort there.

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Wow I wish I lived there, I would have ate there every day. But this is the mayors fault, I would be suing him.

·
Registered
25,421 Posts
Hating our govt is becoming a very big “in” thing. And it’s dangerous for our country.
I pretty much hate everything about the government - what is not to hate?

Sure government has a role to play - but it should be about 15% of what they currently control - and the trend is for more and more and more - and it should be about less and less and less.

Education, marriage, business, employees, healthcare - the list goes on and on -

What is dangerous is when the big in thing is to demand the government do everything for you -

It is my right to have _____________ and the government must provide it.
:crying:

We have way more government than we can afford -

Add up total government spending - federal, state & local and it is almost $7 trillion.

Population is about 325 million - so that is about $21K per person.

There are about 120 million households in the USA - spending is $58K per household.

Now hold on because you are not going to accept this - but the median income per family is
also about $58K. Median is the middle not average. But still fun with statistics.

This is totally out of control - half the families in the country would have to pay 100% of their income in taxes to pay their fair equal share.

How can anyone think this is affordable?

How can anyone think the rich don't pay more than their fair share?

Rant off..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts