close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

easy to have the best steak you ever enjoyed!

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by wallyglock, Mar 5, 2006.

1. wallyglock

wallyglock

went to marsh store on this past fri. and picked up some BLACK ANGUS ULTRA GOLD rib-eyes, on sale at 10$ a lb. yeah, yeah, I know, that is pricy and you can buy steak at less for sure.

untill you taste the results...!!!

it is not the grillng method, or smoke, or charcoal vs. gas that makes the taste. it IS the cut and grade of meat!!

honestly, these steaks were so good and juicy, with an unbelivable rich flavor, it is hard to compare them even with the best choice cuts.

I used charoal fo 20 years, and now have used gas for about 9-10 years, and the biggest difference is if you are willing to splurge( at least once in a while) and buy the best cut of meat . I put 2 kinds ok steak sauce on the table but never touched them....these babies needed no help.

used a small smoker box with apple wood pellets and the results were fabulous. grilled to about 160-162 degrees for medium well. but again, the cut of meat done the trick.

try this cut if you really want the intoxicating flavor that most folks are trying to get, and some with a lot more trouble than really neeed be !!

2. mirage100

mirage100

Will you please tell me what a Marsh store is ? My guess it is a chain of supermarkets that we don't have here in Georgia.

3. wallyglock

wallyglock

a chain of stores here in indiana, wich I believe have some outlets in ohio and st. louis and...?

sorry about the confusion, but if you can find the grade of meat I told about, you will be a happy camper!

wally

4. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

have a premium grade of steak in the case.

It will be the one with thin marbling of fat running through it.

Angus can be misleading. Some beef that is "part?" Angus is labeled as Angus.

I feel that steaks should be at least 1 to 1 1/2 inch thick.

If you warm the meat in the microwave so that it is not ice cold in the middle of you will be happier when you cook it.

I say microwave because it is safer than leaving the meat out on the counter to come up to temp.

And I say Warm not cook.

5. FThorn

FThorn TV/Movie Club

Marsh is my #1 place for quality meats. I'll have to try some. Thanks for the tip.

6. wallyglock

wallyglock

lethal tupperwa

marsh advertises their angus beek to be 100

to lethal tupperwa...

marsh bills their angus beef to be 100% variable and traceable to the source, they are the only one I have seen do this !!

when you taste this product, you will immediately tell the difference.

I have had premium meat from other sources, but this is the best I personaly I have EVER HAD.

after grilling and trying different grades for nearly 30 years on my own grill, this one stands alone.
    read that black angus gold or black angus premium gold, which is what we had last week end .

both are delicious, with the premium gold being just a hair more flavorful!

7. mirage100

mirage100

Any one know were you can order this type of meat through the mail .

8. wallyglock

wallyglock

hope mirage 100 reads this....

I am not sure where to order this cut of meat , but you might do some internet surfing to see if you can turn it up somewhere near you.

there is a mail order place called chicago stockyards, I believe, and ther meat is terribly expensive. but they sell prime cuts, and it should be top notch.

try logging on to MARSH stores web site and see if you can get a hint as to where there stores are located. or just bring a big cooler and head for central indiana...!

I truly hope you can find some angus premium gold, and enjoy it like we have. only ocasssionally, as our buget has allowed.

wally

9. wallyglock

wallyglock

it is under " stockyards of chicago"

phone- 1-877-785-9273

hope this helps

wally