GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Voted today in person here in Polk Co. Central Florida. It looked like Walmart/Winn Dixie at the first of the month when the EBT cards are recharged. Hopefully this was only a demographic surge pertinent to the first day of early voting. I presume those with jobs will need to bide their time. No, I don't work - retired.

I voiced my opinion to the poll workers how the ballots were also printed in Spanish. They too were not on board with it however are powerless to do anything. My congressional district was created i.e. gerrymandered during the last redistricting to accommodate that ethnic grouping.

Before the haters dive in.....I'm not anti Spanish speakers........half my family lives in Colombia S.A.. Get in line, file the paperwork and do it like our ancestors did.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Why is everyone voting early? What am I missing out on?
I dont remember early voting ever being this big of a thing

·
Native Mainiac
20,365 Posts

Asteroid is gonna' hit the earth just before the polls close.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/space/solar-system/a33753168/election-day-asteroid-truth/
About the Asteroid That Will Destroy Earth Right Before Election Day...

·
Banned
393 Posts
Well with all the crazy things happening in 2020 people want to get to the polls while the getting is good. Who know what might happen next. Violence may break out at anytime, more crazier lockdowns, etc...

·
Sneet
15,532 Posts
I voted yesterday, on the way home from work. Arrived at 1830, and walked right in. Made my mark for President Trump and was on my way. They did check my ID, which I was surprised at. Earlier, I received an unsolicited mail in ballot. You were suppose to surrender it at the polls. I did not, and had to sign an affidavit, saying I would not vote twice.

There was no way I was turning over a blank ballot to anyone. I put it through the shredder after I got home.

·
Banned
5,457 Posts
I already voted Saturday (Trump of course) and here in Texas had to go to two polling stations to do it in reasonable time ie 15 min.

The first one was a wait of 2 1/2 hr wait -- had to cross the county to get into one with no lines/crowds/hassle.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Vote in person by "early voting" .

Make sure your vote gets counted.

We have the pathetic democrat cooper as governor (NC) . No way do I trust mail absentee ballots or their handling this s year.

By voting early , increase the republican votes to make it more difficult for the democrats to manufacture votes or extend voting time in democrat districts like they did in 2016.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
The Dems have really been pushing early voting so when bombshell stories like the Biden Family adventures surface during the weeks prior to the election those Democrat votes had already been cast - and can't be rescinded...

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
The purpose of early voting is to let the Democrats know how many votes they have to "find" on Election Day.
That was true in previous election. My take is this year the republicans are energized to flood the numbers thus even with the expected democrat cheating, the republican count would over come the democrat cheating.

·
Registered
10,688 Posts
Wife and I both voted this afternoon. Small town, very short line. Wife's health is not good, and we didn't want to chance her being sick on election day.

We both easily meet an exception for early voting, so since I was there I decided to also vote.

Funny thing, the usual assortment of names was on the national and state wide part of our ballot.

But for local elections, there was only one Democrat listed on one local race. For the rest of the local races, there was only one Republican candidate for each position. And I've seen very few Biden signs in yards and on the roads. Plenty of Trump signs.

·
15,495 Posts
As an often deployed military officer and international pilot, I have always voted by absentee ballot. I took my ballot to the polling place in person and have received this notification.

November 3, 2020, State General Election:
Your ballot was accepted on October 5, 2020 and will be counted.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The Dems have really been pushing early voting so when bombshell stories like the Biden Family adventures surface during the weeks prior to the election those Democrat votes had already been cast - and can't be rescinded...
Votes can be rescinded in Michigan. The following is from the Secretary of State website:

If a voter has already voted absentee and wishes to change their vote (because the candidate has dropped out of the race, or for any other reason), a voter can spoil their ballot by submitting a written request to their city or township clerk.

• The voter must sign the request and state if they would like a new absentee ballot mailed to them or if they will pick it up in person at the clerk’s office.
  • This request must be received by 5 p.m. the Friday before the election if received by mail. An absentee ballot that has been returned to the clerk may be spoiled in person at the clerk’s office until 10 a.m. the Monday prior to the election. An absentee ballot that has not been returned to the clerk may be spoiled in person at the clerk’s office until 4 p.m. the Monday prior to the election.
  • If a voter has not returned his or her ballot, the voter can surrender the ballot or sign a statement stating that the ballot was lost or destroyed and vote at the polls. There is no option on Election Day to spoil an absentee ballot that has been received by the clerk.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I voted yesterday, on the way home from work. Arrived a 1830, and walked right in. Made my mark for President Trump and was on my way. They did check my ID, which I was surprised at. Earlier, I received an unsolicited mail in ballot. You were suppose to surrender it at the polls. I did not, and had to sign an affidavit, saying I would not vote twice.

There was no way I was turning over a blank ballot to anyone. I put it through the shredder after I got home.
Are you sure you received an ACTUAL mail-in ballot or was it a form to use to request an absentee ballot? Lots of confusion (intentional IMHO) around all that this year.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mil...t-applications-groups-heres/story?id=72821041

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,527 Posts
Wife and I voted last week. It took less than 20 minutes.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts