GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks,

The below info evolved from a post on an AA barrel which was offered for sale on GB.

In the interest of keeping to one topic per thread and to make future searches more likely to find this info, I've copied the first post of the other thread and am starting a new thread here.

As we know, the AF guns were the first imported. The AAs were imported few months later per the SN thread and other sources. It seems that all of the AFs were imported into the US. I don't think that all of the AAs were imported.

I've seen a photo of a very early 1xx AA. It is heavily engraved. Unfortunately, the engraving covers the date code. Of note, it does have the US patent on the grip confirming that it was made for US import. Other very early Glocks - AB, AC - don't have this US patent nor SNs on the frames.

The interesting thing is that he date code on the AA barrel currently offered on GB is CTF or 10/84.

All of the AF guns that I've seen have GTF - 7/84 - date codes.

Thus, not only were the AF guns imported before the AAs, but the barrels on the AFs are earlier. Why this is I have not idea. Makes no sense, but it is the case.

AB-02x has an ATR date code - 12/83. I believe that this is the earliest date code of any production Glock.

I hope that together we can construct a fairly complete list of early Glock date codes by SN.

Please see the following list for the information which I have confirmed to date:

AA9xx - CTF barrel date code - 10/84

AB-02x - ATR - 12/83

AB1xx - LTF - 2/84

AB2xx - LTF - 2/84

AB5xx - NTF - 3/84

AB6xx - NTF - 3/84

AB8xx - NTF - 3/84

AC0xx - NTF 3/84

AC1xx - NTF 3/84

AC6xx - NTF 3/84

AD414 - NTF 3/84

AE115 - ZTF 3/84

AE3xx - ZTF - 3/84

AE6xx - ZTF - 6/84

AF020 - GTF - 7/84

AF7xx - GTF - 7/84

AG8xx - ATF - 12/84

AG9xx - ATF - 12/84

AH8xx - BTM - 4/85

AK13x - BTM - 4/85

AK2xx - BTM - 4/85

AL3xx - BTM - 4/85 (same as the AH8xx and AKs - they were busy then!)

AL451 - BTM 4/85

ALxxx- LTH - 2/86

AM2xx - STM 5/85

AM4xx - STM - 5/85

AM5xx - LTH 2/86

AM7xx - LTH - 2/86

This confirms what I've long thought that the AB guns were the earliest production Glocks.

It's also interesting that, as we've seen with the AA vs AF prefix US import guns, the barrel proof dates don't necessarily correspond to the SN prefix order.

Interestingly, it's an AC100s gun on the first US manual as well.

Please add any additional info via posting to this thread. I'll then edit the list to reflect this new info.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reserved for future data.

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reserved for future data.

·