close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Early gen 3 G21 trigger sucks compared to later G19 gen 3

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TNRonin, Jun 18, 2017.

1. TNRonin

TNRonin Happy g21/g19 /g43 owner! Millennium Member

Two different triggers. G21 trigger is spongy compared to G19. The trigger bar on the G21 has that bump on the striker block. Could someone tell me the part number for a smooth trigger non bump connector? Or designation for it.

I really like the G19 trigger pull, positive stop and break, even with the 5.5lb connector.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

2. 6Actual

6Actual Trump Backwater Mafia Silver Member

Just of the top of my head I think the 4256-3 trigger bar is what your looking for, just recently went thru same issue on my G20.2

TNRonin likes this.

3. GRR

GRR

I think all the 45/10mm Glocks have always had the bump on the trigger bar (including the GAP models). Don't believe you can get one without it.

4. TNRonin

OK. But can I get the effect I wish with a newer trigger bar?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

5. Mike-M

Mike-M

That's absolutely correct, except for the few very first G20s that were made in 1990 before it was determined that the bump was required for proper firing ping safety actuation on the wider slide models. The ONLY trigger bar options for .45ACP and 10mm Glocks of all generations is smooth versus grooved trigger face...all will have the alignment bump. After 27 years of use, there have been few informed complaints made because of it. :)

The .45GAP models use the same frames as the 9x19mm,.357SIG, and .40SW models, for which there are OEM Gen3 bumpless and Gen4 bump trigger bars. Since .45GAP model slide width is greater than that of other calibers using the same frames, Glock has always used the TBs with the bump for that caliber. A misguided or uninformed tinkerer who believes all the post-Gen4 mythology and booger-bear stories about the evil caused by the bump can install an OEM bumpless TB if he wishes to substitute his no doubt formidible technical expertise and judgement for Glock's. :) That is not often reported, due to the extremely sparse ownership of .45GAP models.

It's all just as well for the OP...it is not physically possible for the TB firing pin safety arm alignment bump to cause the undesirable characteristics that the OP reports.

A new OEM trigger with trigger bar, OEM connector, and OEM firing pin safety would be a good start for getting a more characteristic Gen3 G21 trigger. I'd go a step beyond, and get a new trigger mechanism housing/ejector assembly and new coil trigger spring, to ensure that the improved coil trigger spring attachment point on the TMH is there to go along with the improved one on the new TWTB.

Just in case the OP's pistol was made in the last five years (and likely already has the improved coil trigger spring attachment points on the TWTB anf TMH), the spring hook of the coil trigger spring should be visually verified to be laying in its groove on the TWTB and is NOT canted off to either side, rubbing between the TWTB and the TMH. That will sometimes cause what the OP describes, in addition to adversely affecting trigger reset.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    fasteddie565 likes this.
  6. OBG17

OBG17

If your 21 is a Gen3, try a "dot" connector. If it's a Gen4 try a "-" connector. I get a consistent smooth 5# trigger pull on my Gen3 17 and Gen4 19 & 21 doing it this way.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  7. GRR

GRR

As indicated above, changing the connector will be your best bet to modify trigger pull. However, I find that different manufacturers connectors feel different even though they are the same weight. A Glock minus connector will feel different from a Lone Wolf will feel different from a Scherer. And they will also feel different in different Glocks. You'll have to experiment.

8. TNRonin

Thanks Mike!

9. TNRonin

I currently have a 3lb connector in this gun. I'm going to look at locating an oem part to give it a try. This gun goes back to the ambi mag release days. It is a replacement frame from when they exchanged them. Ya don't say anything, I regret it now. And it was OD green IIRC.

10. mtstream

mtstream

Does the G21 have a minus (-) connector in it. Those who like the crispness of the 5.5lb connectors often describe the lighter 4.5lb as "mushy." I would interpret that the same as "spongy".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

11. TNRonin

I'll have to check it this evening.